bye bye FZ6, welcome FJR1300 (comparison!!)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a FJR1300 in the background, on the way to getting dusted by me on my FZ6 at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway Dragstrip. Yes, bye bye is correct.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice review! I'd like to get an FJR maybe sometime down the road. I'm a bit intimidated by the weight. Common enough for me to be a bit offbalance at slow speeds or stopping that I think I'd end up in trouble on a heavier bike.

With bar risers, a tall windscreen, top case and saddle bags, I've made the FZ6 into a pretty decent comfortable ride. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the FJR, but it's good enough that I don't have too much incentive to move.

ABS sure would be nice though...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a FJR1300 in the background, on the way to getting dusted by me on my FZ6 at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway Dragstrip. Yes, bye bye is correct.

Come on Vegas, what your pic doesn't show the FJR pulling a 32' travel trailer:rolleyes:

Welcome to the Feejer world, nice write up. I've got 54K on my 04 and still having a ball. A few weeks back while riding in the desert I twisted the throttle a bit and the GPS max speed was reading 148mph:cool:
Nevada has some great roads which one can cruise at 7K in 5th gear out in the middle of nowhere.

It won't take long to get used to the slight weight difference, it's only heavy until you let out the clutch.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site

check this video out then:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_zpjEELCw&feature=related"]YZF-R6 vs FJR1300AS 0-400m[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
check this video out then:

That guy who was on the R6 didn't know how to ride. His launch was absolutely horrible. A bad launch, and you're done. That video just shows how much more talent I have for beating the FJR on my FZ.

I didn't realize you know how to speak Japanese too.

I have one question, maybe you have already answered it and I just overlooked it on your review of the FJR. Do you still have to do the dual headlight mod or does the bike come with both headlights working?

Last edited:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
100 MPH!!!! Dude! Really!?

The speed limits in Belgium are 120km/h on highway's. But to get in line with most drivers you have to drive 140km/h. And offcourse when he refers to the twisties, he means the south of our country(Francorchamps is there=>40km's from the home where Michael Schumacher grew up). And there the chances of getting a ticket are almost zero. So 160km/h are then not that strange because there is not much traffic overthere. Our neighbor Germany has no speed limits on some highway's...Speed in a straight line is not a real problem, you just have to keep a lot of distance...

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand Japanese, but they did two launches, and as far I as know, the riders switch bikes after each launch. So yeah, the second run was bad, but the first one was pretty good.

About the headlight: on mine both headlights are burning, but perhaps the previous owner had that mod done, I'm not sure.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
The FJR is most definitely my next bike. I just need to decide if I'm going to trade my FZ6, sell it, or keep it.

Oh, and get about $13k.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 comes into play where you mention the negatives. Check my latest review update in my thread. I will try to categorize my review like the way you have done sometime later.