Michelin Pilot Road 3 are here!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to admit this, but since my wreck back in November I haven't had the heart to REALLY get down and into a lean...

I will say this, I opened the bike up ONCE yesterday afternoon on the interstate (I-110). The tires felt insanely good weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds.

Also, the day after I got them, the fog rolled in very heavy and the roads were really damp. I don't know if it was psychosomatic confidence bc of the tires, but the bike seemed to stick better to the road at lower speed turns (30 - 45) than it did previously.

I laid a bike down ~5 years ago, and it took me a while to get the confidence to lean over again. Read some MC literature (there are a lot of good ones) and practice - your confidence will return :D

These tires look sharp, but the tread design is really different from the PR2s I have now. Still, if they grip as good as the old series I will be shoeing the FZ with these when my PR2s burn out.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ordering mine! Think they will be among the first couple shipments to Canada, won't get them till April... I hope my rear can handle that early season riding!

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
whoops..didnt see that.......i guess he got a good deal then :thumbup:
:D

Nope, that's the issue on mine. Went to pull the front axle out and it was seized.

So bad that we rounded off the nuts on the 19mm axle tool I made (you know, a 3/4" bolt with two nuts on it).

Oh, and I'm getting mine for about $350 shipped to my door... Mounting would have only been $30 if I could have gotten my axle out on my own but it will cost me $75 instead... Damn...

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
where'd you order the tires from Medic?I'm a couple hours down the road
from you(Belleville) and it's not a great place for anything motorcycle

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, just stumbled across this thread. I love the PR2's. Had them on my FZ and now have them on my StripleR. Great tire, tons of grip, great all weather traction, and good lean characteristics. If this new tire is half the tire it's predecessor was, I'm in!:rockon:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
where'd you order the tires from Medic?I'm a couple hours down the road
from you(Belleville) and it's not a great place for anything motorcycle

petessuperbike.ca

Not sure if they are up on his site yet, have a look and if not, I'll direct you to the proper way of getting them.

I suspect I won't have them until mid April, but they sound worth the wait!

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Well I worked up the nerve to test them out a little in the edges over the past few days.

There's a road down here called Tradition Parkway out in the Saucier, MS area that is a snake of a road. Deserted. Four lane. And new asphault. I practice with my 2005 Mustang GT a lot up there. My top speed with the GT was only like 90 out there. So, I gave it a try with the FZ6 and the new 3s... It was also the first time I really opened up my FZ. I've never had it over 85 and never over 9000 rpm...

All I can really say is "Holy f@&* wads Batman!". Those tires STICK to the pavement like Velcro. Even from a hard leaning left directly into a hard leaning right the tires didn't falter. It was amazing.

As for the FZ6... Holy crap... Over around 9k that bike SCREAMS... I passed a squid on a Kawi coming out one of the turns and he stopped me as I was turning around asked me what size bike that was... He was shocked to hear it was a 600...

All in all I had a freaking BLAST playing around on that short strip of curves for a few hours. As long as the tires can last, I am sold on these bad boys 100 percent...

However, my powder coated R6 pegs, were a bad idea... I scraped it totally off the little hanging ball part and off the top part where my feet go as well...

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Haven't breached 10k yet, however, here they are at roughly 6200 miles in a little over two months. I drive everyday (rain, shine, cold, warm), about a 50/50 mix of highway/interstate and twisty country back roads.

Last night I got caught in a crazy downpour and while I was thoroughly soaked to the bone, my tires never broke loose once in the nearly 30 mile trip.

The rear tires this morning:

5593082498_e5b34ae993_z.jpg

The front tires this morning:

5593085986_ab87f70042_z.jpg

Me after pulling in the garage last night:

5592513363_dda0fb5396_z.jpg

They seem to be holding up pretty good to my abuse.

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I really want to order a set of these, but can't find the front in stock anywhere. Just got an 06 FZ-6 with only 6k miles but still rolling on the stock tires.

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
I really want to order a set of these, but can't find the front in stock anywhere. Just got an 06 FZ-6 with only 6k miles but still rolling on the stock tires.

i got mine from ebay

Set Michelin PILOT ROAD 3 Tyres 120/70/17 & 160/60/18 | eBay UK

Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++. Seller:
Member ID thevisorshopauction ( Feedback score of 3221Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999)
18-Mar-11 11:02
Michelin PILOT ROAD 3 Tyres 120/70/17 & 180/55/17 (#390284403257) -- View Item

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site

I just ordered a set from reifenversand.com, they should deliver to Italy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.