Michelin Pilot Road 3 are here!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same here. Lots of talk on lots of other forums (ie. apparently the Z rating is wrong, they'll 'only' be W rated, and they'll 'surely' be better than PR2's) but nothing concrete. Even the January availability date is questionable (may only be January for Europe...)

Hopefully Michelin will spill the beans soon! :D

We can only hope...at least if they are available now in the USA, then we will get a reasonably intelligent review soon enough from WebBikeWorld!!!

:thumbup:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Those tires look bad ass, I guess getting a Screw on my tire was a Good thing ?. do you guys see any issues having a pilot road 2 on the front and pilot road 3 on the back?. I only had them for about 3 months or 4k miles. the front still looks like new.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
A simple search revealed that these tires won't be out for a bit. Seems to be marketing buzz at play here. If you check out Revzilla, they are taking pre-orders, and are stating the tire will be released March 2011.

EDIT : Haha, I'm a dumbass. If I had actually clicked the original link, I would have already seen the whole pre-order thing. Nevermind mind my foolishness. LOL

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting one of these for my front as soon as my bike is back together.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, For my birthday I got a set of the PR3s :rockon: so once I get them on, and get to run them through some paces I will be sure to let you all know how they perform. I'm sure I will get a lot wet weather riding in this spring as I am going to ride full time this year to and from work, rain or shine. My wife rules.

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
I got my set of Pilot Road 3s in yesterday and were installed the same day. I'll take pics in the morning of how they look. Today I put close to 350 miles on them just cruising around.

I paid close to 700 dollars for them after 120 dollar overnight delivery charge. They feel VERY nice.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
$700?!?!?! Oh man. Even at $580 before shipping, someone took advantage of you. Shop around!

Whoa!! yeah $700, thats crazy, mine were $290 or so shipped and put on for approx $60 (took them in one at a time one off the bike one on). I've only put about 70 miles, so I'm still braking them in, but they feel really solid. Once the temp goes back up I can put them through their paces on some real roads. I've just commuted with them for a couple of days and taken the long way home. They definitely look sweet I can wait to get all the slime off them.

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Yeah... There's only ONE bike store around here that installs tires... Roughly 450 for the tires, another 130 or so to mount then 120 for over night... Roughly 700... My butt hole still hurts... But my bike is happy... She told me so...

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
As promised, here they are:

5460729768_52711e781b_z.jpg

And the front:

5460730982_31d1f4e3bc_z.jpg

I put about 700-800 miles on them the past two days just playing around.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amorousnerdium - how are they out near the edges (ie. when leaning)? That looks like an aggressive set of water siphoning channels. Just wondering if they have affected you bikes handling?

Thanks,

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Amorousnerdium - how are they out near the edges (ie. when leaning)? That looks like an aggressive set of water siphoning channels. Just wondering if they have affected you bikes handling?

Thanks,

I hate to admit this, but since my wreck back in November I haven't had the heart to REALLY get down and into a lean...

I will say this, I opened the bike up ONCE yesterday afternoon on the interstate (I-110). The tires felt insanely good weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds.

Also, the day after I got them, the fog rolled in very heavy and the roads were really damp. I don't know if it was psychosomatic confidence bc of the tires, but the bike seemed to stick better to the road at lower speed turns (30 - 45) than it did previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.