Luggage Thread By Luggage Owners

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm starting this thread to post information about luggage that we have loved or hated, specifically hard luggage. Since I had a hard time finding information about top cases with pictures and size references,

I invite everyone to post pictures/videos of their luggage with particular emphasis on size reference (WITH PICTURES OR VIDEOS).

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the Shad SH-40 topcase for my FZ6 and on first impression it seems great, and it is a great size. unless I really needed to fit two full helmets in it I would not go any larger. Here are a few pictures and I will post a video when I get it installed.:thumbup:

Thats a 15.5inch laptop (diagonally) the last picture are the mounting fitments which are sold seperately by shad

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Givi E52 top case. The size is great, would not recommend going with anything smaller if you intend to regularly carry stuff in it. As an example, my regular load would be gym bag/riding pants or rain suit/iPad/little bits and pieces, that pretty much fills it up. There have been a number of times I've had to toss my gym bag on my back to be able to fit other things in it.

BTW, it will fit a medium pizza :D

Will probably add aset of V35 panniers to it this season as well

There are tons of pics on here of the FZ6 running the E52, but here's a crappy one of mine

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great resource, I don't know how I didn't find it but I want to keep this thread open, I want to see if anyone will upload some walkaround/ funtion videos.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used a backpack strapped to the rear seat, soft saddlebags, a magnetic tank bag, and now hard luggage. Once you go hard luggage, you'll never go back.

Now I have Givi E52 topcase, with Givi E21 and E360 sidecases. E21's are on daily, E360's for trips.
Pics here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...side-rack-installation-pics-e52-e21-e360.html

The E52 top case fits 2 helmets, or helmet/aerostich 1-pc, or helmet/jacket/race boots, or helmet/jacket/overpants.

The E21's will fit two race boots, or a small backpack. Not sure if a riding jacket would fit in a E21, haven't tried, but I will tonight. -EDIT- Yes, my textile/leather jacket, with the liner, fit in a E21.

Couple suggestions:
- If you cant decide whether you want to go with two smaller sidecases (like the E21s), or a larger topcase (40-50ish liters), I'd recommend the topcase. You have more storage versatility with 40 liters in a single topcase, than two side cases with 20L each- can fit a helmet and jacket easy in the single topcase.
- Once you get past the look/ugly-factor of adding a topcase, the physical dimensions of between a 45L and a 55L topcase are only an inch or so in each direction, so one isn't really going to look "too big" compared to the other. So go with the biggest you can afford / find the best deal on.
- If you go with a topcase, I would recommend adding some sort of auxiliary brake lighting, as the topcase sorta hides the stock taillight. Whether it be a kit for the topcase, or LED strips, or something like hyperlites.

Last edited:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
My Kappa's (2x40 liter). Can fit af regular helmet and a jacket + smaller stuff without getting too crowded. Wish I had one of those topboxes but I'd only need it once or twice a year so trying to forget about it :)
Pictures are a from the summer 2011...
Wish they were new because we still have freezing temps during nighttime here...

BTW: Truckhorn as seen in pictures is replaced... never really worked :)

Last edited:

SimplyCosmic

Reaction score
Visit site
MattR302, how did you mod the turn signals to fit within your case bracket setup. I had to go with a fender eliminator kit, but would kind of prefer to have the original fender with the better license plate visibility to placate the local police.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
MattR302, how did you mod the turn signals to fit within your case bracket setup. I had to go with a fender eliminator kit, but would kind of prefer to have the original fender with the better license plate visibility to placate the local police.

The Givi saddlebag kit included two Z-shape brackets to move them. I'll post up a picture later. You can use stock wiring if you drill two ~3/8" holes in the fendor below the reflector.

ELHOCKEY

Reaction score
Visit site
here it is all mounted up, took me about 30 minutes and the instructions were pretty bad. I think it looks pretty good. the rest is in the media.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlWOEfdc9o]Shad SH-40 FZ6 - YouTube[/ame]

Flyboylance

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a set of GIVI E21's for my bike. I looked at some of the other models, but just think that they are too large for what I am wanting at this time. I do mostly commuting on my bike, but like the option to go farther if the need arises? Any comments?:welcome:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the 21's they are perfect for spare gloves my locks and waterproofs and everyday things to fire in there and even carry a couple of light things. If you touring then i would deffo go with bigger boxes but i use 21's for commuting and they are perfect size