yet another luggage thread

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
hey all,

i've searched... i've read... i'm still confused. here's what i'm looking to do/wondering.

regardless of what i end up with, i want to be able to take all my luggage off and have a relatively stock looking bike. i don't mind a givi top case mounting plate staying put, but that's about it.

having said that... long term plans are to have a givi (or similar) top case and some hard side cases. but that's not in the finances right now. so my plan is to start with some canvas saddlebags, something like these.
2009_Fieldsheer_Expander_Saddlebag_Black.jpg

in a few weeks i'd like to be able to get a givi top case. hard side cases won't be for another year probably.

with that time line, here is what i'm wondering. can i just put the canvas bags on or do i need some sort of brackets to keep them hanging properly? if i need a bracket is there one that can be part of the givi top case platform? and can it easily be changed out later down the road for something that will work for hard cases?

any help you guys can give will be appreciated.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
they just go on with some provided straps. the only thing you have to watch for is over heating of the bags if you have aftermarket pipes. the stock ones have the heatshield on the outside, but new ones dont for, lets face it, you want to show them off :D.

P.S. I am looking into Joe Rocket Sport Saddlebags, if anyone has a set, please PM me with your personal opinion of them/ if you want to get rid of them, make an offer