Looking for OEM Front fairing kit

imorrison

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I was looking for a stock front fairing kit for the fz6. The reason being that I just bought the bike and he previously crashed it. He put on a minimal front end that I do not like, and I like the stock front end very much and have been looking for a while but cannot seem to find one. If someone can point me in the right direction on this itd be much appreciated! Thanks!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!

Your 2007 is the S-2 version so fairings from 2007 to 2009 will work. You'll want all the associated brackets for mounting. You may find a member who has a complete fairing that has switched to a naked conversion.:)

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to give you an idea of the extent of parts, the fairing on my 2004 is 34 part numbers (up to 5 of some part numbers required) excluding the headlights and instruments.

imorrison

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is a 2007. How do you know that I have an S-2? And that's what I was hoping to find someone one here who switched to a naked conversion. Or better yet someone who wants to and is willing to trade the parts. I looked it up and I saw it was 36 some odd parts as well, I'm not necessarily looking for a kit either case just one place where I can find all the necessary parts with ease

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is a 2007. How do you know that I have an S-2? And that's what I was hoping to find someone one here who switched to a naked conversion. Or better yet someone who wants to and is willing to trade the parts. I looked it up and I saw it was 36 some odd parts as well, I'm not necessarily looking for a kit either case just one place where I can find all the necessary parts with ease

If your bike is a US. bike, it's the year that model was marketed and sold as. The FZ6 was made 2004 to 2009. S-1 version is 2004 t0 2006. The S-2 version in 2007 to 2009. In other countries a bike's year may be when it was first register so the series model type may not match a US. series model type.

The reason I know this is for many years they made me carry water up the mountain on one of those poles, a bucket on each end, with the promise of enlightenment. At night I had to make the rice in one of those large cauldrons. I never attained enlightenment but did get a sore back and can tell the S1 from the S-2 version......:rolleyes:Blah

imorrison

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm sure that's how it went lol. As a matter of fact, I'm in need of a guy who is good with the electricals in my area because the guy I bought it from was very sloppy with the job he did.