Learn How NOT to Ride a Motorcycle

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Enough said !!!

3dlc432exs3j67zpudhu.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN_KuF3OG8U&feature=related]YouTube - Learn How NOT to Ride a Motorcycle[/ame]

images

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
You'd think these days, folks would know that you learn how to go 5mph max for a while before trying to go fast. Also, it's a good idea to use a place with open space (i.e., no wall to hit). Maybe try xbox for a while until you learn to look where you want to go, etc.

Either way, it was funny :D.

Thanks,

Dennis

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL....probably one of the most common mistakes that people will do when they are learning to ride for the first time They forget to realize that they must pull in the clutch in order to stop. That's where muscle memory kicks in. This poor guy never had a chance to practice any muscle memory.

This is a great video why people shouldn't teach others how to ride. Kind of like golf, learning for the first time you're much better off learning from a professional by taking lessons.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL....probably one of the most common mistakes that people will do when they are learning to ride for the first time They forget to realize that they must pull in the clutch in order to stop. That's where muscle memory kicks in. This poor guy never had a chance to practice any muscle memory.

Yep, to the extent that in my MSF class, they made us cover the clutch as well as the brake on the first day. I guess the logic is that if things go awry you'll instinctively pull both levers and stop, even if you also open the throttle.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a great video why people shouldn't teach others how to ride. Kind of like golf, learning for the first time you're much better off learning from a professional by taking lessons.

Kenny, you mean like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60EPi4eYHSE]YouTube - Charles Barkley's Golf Swing[/ame]

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I just want to know who doesn't give a crap about their bike enough to be standing next to him, talking him through it, and warning him that a motorcycle has more power in first gear than anything he's ever operated before. I wouldn't let a first-timer try my bike out. Would you?:eek::D

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
plus parking garage floors are slippery as hell! who's bright idea was it to teach a first time rider, on a street bike, no helmet, slippery floor with brick walls? Recipe for disaster.:spank: