My Happy Place

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my garage.

It’s where I am relaxed. It’s where I’m creative. Problems are identified and corrected. Time stands still…yet there’s never enough of it. As much as I love riding motorcycles, I truly enjoy caring for them.

I’m helping a friend bring a 1980 Moto Guzzi back to life. For the last 50 years I’ve only owned and worked on bikes from Japan. The Italian’s do things differently, but I’m learning and adapting. It’s fun to learn new things. But even more fun is having the opportunity to teach my friend how to care for his 40 year old bike…I’ve awoken something him in that has been asleep, and now he is alert. It’s awesome.

Next on my stand is my Ducati ST in the back left corner…I need to adjust the valves on the desmodromic valve train…and I look forward to learning that.

I look forward to retirement in the coming years, where I can leave the corporate world (that has allowed me to indulge in my passions) and work in my happy place.

What is your nirvana?

7DFA2467-B3CB-4CFC-BEF6-A21038427139.jpeg

Fazered

Reaction score
Visit site
Couldnt agree more about there is never enough time to be tinkering on bikes in the garage.

I find myself bringing home sad neglected bikes that still have life left and really enjoy slowly fixing them up and getting them back on the road and then getting to experience what I spent so much time thinking about while working on it, the character of the engine, the ergonomics, the feel of the gearbox, all the individual traits different models seem to have, and how different it will be from the last bike I rode.

Sad thing is Im so busy I can only get maybe 30 minutes or a hour a night lately in there, which is still a perfect way to spend time.
I can only think of 1 other thing that I get so much joy from for that short amount of time lol... but there seems to always be drama involved with that other "hobby" unlike bringing a bike back home.

I can tell from your picture your garage is your Nirvana, it just has that presence.

Reminds me of mine

Last edited:

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love your garage setup, i wish i had one like yours.
I like it when i can leave the mess and come back and nothings changed.

A place where you can be yourself sure is a happy place!

Ive just finished rebuilding the engine of my monster.
The paint on this sucks the only way to get them looking brandnew is to strip the paint and repaint it

Shes now back and running
IMG_20221008_014049_185.jpg
IMG_20221004_214545.jpgIMG_20221004_190706.jpg