Latest FZ8 Pics!

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
they should not have gone with the mantis style FZ6 headlights. Rather make a sleeved down FZ1 with same styling. FZ1 headlights are the best on any bike I have seen in terms of light output and spread and both are H4s on at the same time. No freaking dual headlight mod needed

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
In response to those trying to rationalize the FZ8 vs an FZ1, I personally do not feel the need for a liter bike and actually prefer the middle weight engines. This is why after "disposing" of my FZ6, I chose to stick with another middle weight bike (Street Triple R). I could have easily bought the Speed Triple with similar styling and a 1050cc motor, but prefered the lighter, more nimble 675cc motor and slimmer frame.

As such, I'd easily buy an FZ8 over an FZ1 given similar styling and suspension setups.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone remember this old ride,(one of the first bikes I would have killed for!) had they kept this idea progressing, I think most would agree an 800 would not even be a consideration now. I think all but Suzuki missed the boat on this one years ago. Not necessarily a super bike but a good, slightly faster better handling FZ6 if you will.

Just my 2....:D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was my first supersport and it was way too much bike for a young kid way back then.

3875628463_2bbcb55b68_b.jpg

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Anyone remember this old ride,(one of the first bikes I would have killed for!) had they kept this idea progressing, I think most would agree an 800 would not even be a consideration now. I think all but Suzuki missed the boat on this one years ago. Not necessarily a super bike but a good, slightly faster better handling FZ6 if you will.

hahaha wanna know what's great? a 2009 Kawasaki ex500 ninja looks just like a bike 24 years older.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'd been roadracing for one season when the FZ750 came out. It was unbelievable on the track, so fast. One of the top racer bought one and tricked it out. All of the factory motor bits and then the motor was Super Teched. It ruled for a season until the GSXR 750 came out, then the superbike escalations were on, season after season and it is still going on. Ahhh...those were the days...:thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd been roadracing for one season when the FZ750 came out. It was unbelievable on the track, so fast. One of the top racer bought one and tricked it out. All of the factory motor bits and then the motor was Super Teched. It ruled for a season until the GSXR 750 came out, then the superbike escalations were on, season after season and it is still going on. Ahhh...those were the days...:thumbup:

Did you get to take it around for a few laps?? Funny you mention the GSXR, that was my first street bike that I traded my XR200 for. That was NOT the best first street bike!:eek:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get to take it around for a few laps?? Funny you mention the GSXR, that was my first street bike that I traded my XR200 for. That was NOT the best first street bike!:eek:

No but I asked the owner if I could touch the fender!

RangerG

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! In my mind I've already bought a FZ8. I don't need the power of the FZ1 and the FZ6R doesn't appeal to me. I'm going to put a luggage rack on the back, strap on my soft saddlebags, install a Pro-oiler, tidy up the rear fender and sport-tour off into the sunset. I might have to put a can on it too. Exhaust is no uglier than the FZ1 but it's no prettier either. Plus I'm sure we'll get it in Canada. :canada:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
why doesnt yamaha go out on a limb and sport some clear signals! Is it their trademark to show off the DOT sized amber loafs of bread?

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the look of the naked fz8 apart from the exhaust. the faired one looks a lot like an fz6 (its not bad just expected something more radical.) Maybe they did the fz 8 to improve on the bottom end torque many complained about the fz 6 lacked (not me). and since the trend of increasing cc has caught on, i think the fz1 will get a bigger engine and new styling very soon, maybe it will get the crossplane crank of the current r1 who knows....that would help not to create confusion within the yamaha product line (like the fz6r and fz6 did) and the fz8 would be aimed at the same target market the fz6 was intented.

i agree with the comment about the amber indicators.. they look a tad out of fashion these days...