Keeping it under 65mph

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Most bikes will read faster than they're actually going. It is by design, keeps riders from going as fast and avoids the age old loophole in speeding tickets "but it said I was only going 45mph". There's threads all over about this. The fazer is 7-8% high, as it's probably been said here.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the FZ6 and motorcycle riding -- is this specific to the digital speedo or motorcycles in general? /me will have to hunt around for other similar threads...

My Versys is also about 6-7% higher than actual speed-stock geared.

As far as speed and safety, it's all relative to the situation. Distance not speed is what keeps you in safer situations. It just so happens that you obtain distance by using speed ;)

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to keep my speed down this weekend to below 65mph.:cheer: I felt like I would be run over at any time while on the D/FW freeways.:( When I'm ahead of the flow, I feel more in control of things around me.:rockon: At 65mph, every thing on the road comes at me from behind, and that's no good. Now I can say I gave it a try.;)

I know! If you drive on interstates around here and (try to) hold it on the speed limit EVERYTHING on the road will pass you and even the Highway Patrol get on your back fender trying to figure out what's wrong with you?