K&N Air Filter Installation - easy does it

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my 2nd best performance mod to R6 forks, SS lines, HH pads.

Contrary, to what others say about making no difference at all, my experience is opposite. I swapped mine out and it was not dirty. But man what difference!! Smooth, linear power delivery through all...

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Just installed on my bike can feel a little difference. With the stock exhaust it definitely has a nice growl when hitting the rpm's hard. :rockon:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! You might also hear the increased air flow as you are starting out on the bike and accelerating.

Cheers

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the airbox mod so I went back to OEM filter for protection. After seeing how thick it was again, I wish I hadn't and wished I had went the k/n route. $35 down the pisser :(

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed my K&N, and I noticed the difference in sound (subtle) from 4k-8k, and let's be honest, I was giggling like a schoolgirl from 8k to my shift point, so I can't be too sure about the sound up there! Totally worth it, and thanks again for a great write-up!

fazerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics, I am going to install my K&N and do a TBS when I put on my Two Bros carbons that came TODAY! Whoo Hoo. The Two Bros Juice Box is coming next week.

:rockon: dude will u let me know u get on with the juice box , i was thinking of buying 1, not sure what the benifits will be and quite no what it does . bit thick i know but not used to mods but i have made the right choices wen doing then , lol. ie 2 bros my self on mine carbon 1 's though , just waiting 4 K N 2 cum may be tues lol .:D . so next will be J box lol i surpose.:rockon:

i am i right in saying that when u fit the K N 's no need to change any of the rd mapping should just adjust if needed bu ecu. like wen fitting the 2 bros . they r awsume lol love it 600 bites back :rockon::uk:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to throw out there that even with all the aftermarket filter tests and criticism about filtration, many OEM are putting together factory performance kits that include highflow filters.

Some are NISMO, TRD, SPOON, FORD RACING PRODUCTS, GM performance parts. I'm sure the SRT4,8,10 and the SVT products would include such filters as well.

:Sport:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, but just did this today. Thanks for the step by step pics. It made an easy job even easier.

One thing I figured I'd add is to watch out when you pull the filter out. My bike was in storage for a while and it looked like a squirrel was living in the air box!! There were about 10 acorns in there along with a bunch of smaller seed looking things. When I pulled the filter out, a bunch shook loose and some of it went into the throttle bodies!! Luckily I had a nice pair of rubber tipped forceps that I used for cleaning out spider tanks. I picked out all the pieces before closing everything up.

An easy solution would be cover the inlets with something like cellophane before hand, or just be more careful than I was.

Just something to keep in mind.

jackfrost

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to find this thread, thanks to OP.

I'm picking my K&N up and fitting it tomorrow - thread helpful :)