Just Installed Scorpions & Puig Black Racing Screen... OH...MY......

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I just got done installing my new Scorpions and Puig black windscreen.

It’s like night and day. I can’t even believe it. I can actually HEAR the bike now! What a sound. What, A, Sound Indeed.

Scorpions: I bought the Scorpions from - Home - Indysuperbikes

I installed them in about 3 hours, pretty easy to do, just removing bolts. The hardest part was aligning the pipes, and getting the horribly designed pipe brackets where I wanted them. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

When I fired it up, wow, I mean wow, what a difference. I then proceeded to go for a ride, these babies scream at WOT. It’s insane. Sounds so awesome. It’s not even the same bike anymore. I also noticed that the bike runs a lot smoother now, and has a bit more kick. Added bonus. I am 100% satisfied and recommend them to everyone.

Puig Black Racing Windscreen: I also bought this from Indy Super Bike.

This screen is a 100% upgrade over the stock one, and looks amazing. It literally slices through the air now. I can’t even feel the wind. Before it was right at my neck and upper chest, now it just flows right over my helmet. I am very pleased with my new mods.

Total cost shipped was $495 for everything.

Now if it would stop raining, I NEED TO RIDE!

Peace.
:mikebike:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
its been raining for 2 days , rain expected for tomorrow too...i think its the same weather system with your area,,,i live right across downtown detroit..

its time to use this :
:needpics:

:D:D

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, I can't post pics yet... The bike isn't here! I will tomorrow!

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So how loud is it? I mean, compared to stock and just on the "holy f*cking sh!t that's loud" meter?

I want a deeper sound but not louder.

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
Idle is very deep and smooth, excellent sound up to 8,000rpm not obnoxious, just awesome..., from 8,000 to redline, it sounds unbelieveable.

I also can't believe the difference the Puig screen makes. It's like your riding a rocket. And i like the totally black screen because the clear makes me dizzy.

This bike truley is the best deal on the market. Period.

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I also have the Scorpions.. words can't describe it.
I have them too. And the Puig screen. They both rock. Not that I like to show it off, but here's my baby.

2462465248_16f77231e9.jpg

And a closeup of the screen.

2329807354_1a181b174a.jpg

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them too. And the Puig screen. They both rock. Not that I like to show it off, but here's my baby.

2462465248_16f77231e9.jpg

And a closeup of the screen.

2329807354_1a181b174a.jpg

Hello! What model is that and where did you get that holder for the Givi Top Case (it is for a Givi Top Case right?) Because i would like to get custom exhaust at this point (probably Scorpions) but i dont think they will fit into the Givi Rack i currently have installed for my Top Case as the rack wraps around the stock exhaust. Maybe i could just buy a rack like yours that bolts onto the passenger bars but cant find info anywhere :confused:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
It just bolts onto the hand rail on the back. I'm not sure about the part number as it was already on the bike when I got it. I should think you could find it on the Givi website. I am in the UK so you may need to check for European parts.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those are some good prices on the cans, $495 shipped is a killer deal for both products, can't wait to see them.

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
It was $495 shipped for the scorpions AND the puig screen.

(Pics should be up in a few hours...)

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
On the website you linked to, it only shows the scorpions available for 04-06 FZ6 models but your signature indicates you have an 08. So 04-06 scorpions will fit 07-08 models? Just curious because my dealer told me that the only cans that would fit on my 07 were Leo Vance and one other brand I can't think of.
P.S. I also have a PUIG screen on order from kneedraggers.com but it's still on backorder :(

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got the samee upgrades

those scorpions at ~9,000 rpm up to ~12,000 rpm just make me cry tears of joy EVERY time i hear it

and that screen is the best looking upgrade of ANY upgrade to an FZ6 short of making it into Wavex's naked

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing Scorpions and a Puig screen really does turn an FZ6 into a "bad boy". Words can't describe how the Scorpions completely alter the personality of an FZ6.
Yeah....I love 'em. :D

Scorp2.jpg

Puig-1.jpg

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I just got done installing my new Scorpions and Puig black windscreen.

It’s like night and day. I can’t even believe it. I can actually HEAR the bike now! What a sound. What, A, Sound Indeed.

Scorpions: I bought the Scorpions from - Home - Indysuperbikes

I installed them in about 3 hours, pretty easy to do, just removing bolts. The hardest part was aligning the pipes, and getting the horribly designed pipe brackets where I wanted them. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

When I fired it up, wow, I mean wow, what a difference. I then proceeded to go for a ride, these babies scream at WOT. It’s insane. Sounds so awesome. It’s not even the same bike anymore. I also noticed that the bike runs a lot smoother now, and has a bit more kick. Added bonus. I am 100% satisfied and recommend them to everyone.

Puig Black Racing Windscreen: I also bought this from Indy Super Bike.

This screen is a 100% upgrade over the stock one, and looks amazing. It literally slices through the air now. I can’t even feel the wind. Before it was right at my neck and upper chest, now it just flows right over my helmet. I am very pleased with my new mods.

Total cost shipped was $495 for everything.

Now if it would stop raining, I NEED TO RIDE!

Peace.
:mikebike:

Congrats on the awsome upgrades. I have scorpions too and i know the feeling. Did you happen to fire off the bike while the exhaust was off? Very loud and mean sounding.

I ride everyday, rain or shine, as a matter of fact it is raining right now and i rode to work this morning. Dont be scared get out there and ride.....:Sport:
Plus the ladies dig a dirty biker...........:liar:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
On the website you linked to, it only shows the scorpions available for 04-06 FZ6 models but your signature indicates you have an 08. So 04-06 scorpions will fit 07-08 models? Just curious because my dealer told me that the only cans that would fit on my 07 were Leo Vance and one other brand I can't think of.
P.S. I also have a PUIG screen on order from kneedraggers.com but it's still on backorder :(

They are all the same. Only the fairings and a few other things changed the exhaust is the same. My 06 was exactly the same as the 07 i have now.