Just got my new (used) 2009 FZ6!

cmor15

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ya'll I just bought my 2009 FZ6 today and this is my first time on the forum. :D
I bought it for $4000, it only had 1200 miles on it. came with one $300 bell graphic helmet and another HJC full face helmet. Also came with a tourmaster intake air series 2 jacket (new $165), tank bag, rear bag, gloves, and 2 pairs of riding glasses.
So was this a good deal or what?

P8040612.JPG

P8040614.JPG

:welcome: to the forum!

Sounds like you got a good deal.

Only thing with 2nd hand helmets, you don't know if they have ever been dropped (don't have to be marked to have a problem). Personally, I'd get rid of the helmets and buy new ones.

Everything else, you did really well.

:thumbup:

HELL of a Deal! You'll enjoy her much, and Welcome!

(that's my jacket too, by the way)

:welcome: to the forum!

Sounds like you got a good deal.

Only thing with 2nd hand helmets, you don't know if they have ever been dropped (don't have to be marked to have a problem). Personally, I'd get rid of the helmets and buy new ones.

Everything else, you did really well.

:thumbup:

Some brands(I know Shoei does) have a service where you send them in to be checked. Look into that, otherwise yeah definitely toss them. Amazing deal regardless

Welcome to the forum.
You got a great deal on your bike.
I bought one exactly like yours back in February of this year. Same model year and same color.
So far, I have been very pleased with the bike.
I changed the oil for the second time yesterday. I went from 10W-30 motorcycle specific oil to 10W-40 mso. The tranny changed gears smoother. Next oil change i`m going to Shell Rotella T-6. Should shift even smoother.
Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
It is a good all-around bike.
Ride sensible and live to ride another day.

Congrats! Hope you love the bike like we all do here!
It's the closest-to-perfect bike that I've ever owned.

Hey Cmor,

You got a good deal. I bought a brand new 2009 FZ6 (Raven) for $4900 OTD. But that's with a 2009 Ninja 500R w 1000 miles trade in (which I bought 2 months prior). The Ninja was my first bike and I outgrew it quickly. Besides it was so outdated.

Can I ask what frame sliders you have on?

TC

Made off like a thief! I have a JR manta tank bag too, it's great. The rear bag will come in handy also. I agree though, used helmets aren't a good idea, unless they are very new. Congratulations, welcome to the fun.

(P.S. I see some rock n' roll accessories in the pic as well...even more fun!!)

Last edited:
Back