Just finished 1100 mile journey. Need some answers!!!

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished 1100 mile journey. Need some answers on windshield!!!

I just finished riding from minnesota to northern michigan and back. I currently have the givi screen. The one that is a little taller than stock. I am starting to think I need a taller one for trips. I just got worked by bugs and yesterday windgusts(30mph). Can someone tell me if a taller windscreen would help or make my situtaion worse?

Also if anyone has worried parents friends or whatever like I do this might help. I set up my SPOT locator to let anyone I want to track me in real time. For some reason this took away a lot of there worries?

viewspots.jsp

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Just finished 1100 mile journey. Need some answers on windshield!!!

My dad keeps wanting me to join Life360... if you wanna know where I am, call me. I don't need or want to be in your stupid GPS location "network."

For ultra touring, I believe (from what I've read here) that the MadStad screens are the ultimate in comfort, as they are adjustable. Be prepared for a hefty price, and a somewhat less sporty look.

I have a Puig DB which is a major improvement over stock, but I would more screen for long tours. Cee Baily might also work for you... search around.

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Really the only way to know for sure is to try them out. What I consider acceptable wind blast may not be for you or vise versa. I got the +9 inch CAL SCI and wound up having to cut it down a good bit to get some air flow behind the wind screen (my helmet became stiffling even at lower temps) and get rid of the constant intake honk I was hearing with it that high.

I think I wound up cutting something around 4 or 5 inches off of it.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
When I went to the fully naked monster, wind issues seemed to be lessened. I guess I'm not sitting in a turbulence stream anymore. :don'tknow:

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess my situation was a little excessive. Yesterday traveling to Minneapolis on the interstate there were 20 mph gusts head on and from the side. They were really making things interesting. When I ducked behind the windscreen everything was cut by 1/3.