gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone I need some help. I just bought a 2008 FZ6 2 weeks ago. It has a puig double bubble windscreen (I think) already on it. I'm 5-9 with a 32" inseam. Once I go over 40 the buffeting is ridiculous. I cant even hear myself think. I have an Icon Alliance Helmet that has never given me trouble on my other bikes. I measured the windscreen, its 17 inches tall. I was looking at grabbing a Givi D440 or D441s windshield as I plan on touring with this bike and those are 5 inches taller than the one installed now. Does anyone have any other suggestions of which I should choose? I have been following the thread on windshields but no one has a definite solution.
Thanks

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone I need some help. I just bought a 2008 FZ6 2 weeks ago. It has a puig double bubble windscreen (I think) already on it. I'm 5-9 with a 32" inseam. Once I go over 40 the buffeting is ridiculous. I cant even hear myself think. I have an Icon Alliance Helmet that has never given me trouble on my other bikes. I measured the windscreen, its 17 inches tall. I was looking at grabbing a Givi D440 or D441s windshield as I plan on touring with this bike and those are 5 inches taller than the one installed now. Does anyone have any other suggestions of which I should choose? I have been following the thread on windshields but no one has a definite solution.
Thanks

JM2C:
Congrats on your new buy, welcome to the forum.
I'm 5' 7", 31 inseam, stock windscreen, Exo 1000 Scorpion helmet and HJC modular helmet. Various speeds around speed limits and never had a problem. Over 90, I always duck down and lay on the tank. It lasts only a few seconds and will reduce the bike's speed back to normal.

Weekend is coming, go for a long drive and check yourself again. People here with lots of mods can help you much better by sharing their experience.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'8", 29 in seam with the stock windshield. I wear a 3/4 helmet with flat shield.

The stock shield keeps the wind off my chest and absolutely no helmet buffeting at all. (My head/helmet is well above the shield).

You may try removing the shield altogether (for testing) and see about any buffeting.

I'd think it'd be gone as there's no/little air being directed to your helmet from the bike...

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I want to have a shield there as I plan on going on 400+ mile rides with this bike. So blocking some wind would help me go a bit further.
I have narrowed it down to 3 different shields. The Givi D440, the Givi D441s, and the CalSci Large. All three are about 22-23 inches tall.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the MRA touring screen, you may like it. I have one and love it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448221172.725712.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that screen too. I was hesitant because it is kinda low. I'm thinking that with a 22" screen it should shoot all the wind over my head instead of right into nose level like I am currently experiencing.
I wish I could go to a shop and just try each out on my bike.

steve.getsiv

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Puig Racing double bubble on my 2007 FZ6. I changed out the bars to drag bars which is about as low as I can go up front unless I drop the front end and switch to clamp ons. When I lean into the tank, I still get some wind buffeting at 60+ mph. I wouldn't mind trying some different edge treatments on the upper edge of the windshield to see what effect it might have. I definitely want to be comfortable on the highway for extended periods of time. MRA has quite a few options but none of them are cheap...

I'm 5'9" and weigh about 185 - I've race bicycles on and off for over 30 years so I'm used to being way forward.

Last edited:

steve.getsiv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey gtosteve65 - have you thought about adding lower fairings to your bike? Personally, that's high on my list before next Summer. I want to maximize high speed comfort...

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a calSci 24" screen and loved it. I rode on the motorway every day and needed it bad. I tried stock, cut-down stock and a double-bubble and they were rubbish. I was fed up with the wind trying to throw me off the bike. It's not an R6 and I don't lie flat when I'm going at high speeds. I sit bolt-upright! I'm 5'8". Details of my screen choices in my site link below.

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
That's exactly how I feel [MENTION=5263]SANGER_A2[/MENTION]. The wind is terrible with this double bubble on here. I miss my naked 1978 Honda CB400 when it comes to the wind. That bike had a louder engine but much quieter wind, and i miss that. Now I want my FZ6 to have little wind noise.

Phil in Maine

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a puig touring shield that has been fantastic. I'm 6'2", and had a taller shield which was on it when I bought it. Swapping out the the puig made a huge difference. I do fairly long rides, 400-500 miles a day isn't that uncommon, and haven't had any issues. Plus it looks g
18f75cf5e89f44fb1447b2520abf15c6.jpg
reat on the bike.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk