July 13th, 2013 - Hudson Ride 9/202/9W/Bear Mtn

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who's interested in some ridin' around Hudson river? I'm thinking about doing a ride up and down Hudson. Probably up the east side (9, 6/202), to Bear Mtn. Bridge, and then hit Bear Mountain on the west side. It would be nice to also hit Storm King, but that's a bit out of the way, so i'm not sure yet.

Shooting for 7/13, rain date 7/20.

UPDATE:

9:30 am Departure time from New Croton Dam: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.2...3.858005&spn=0.004898,0.010546&num=1&t=m&z=17

Proposed Route:

Last edited:

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I should be free. Just ordered my cruise control might get to use it for the trip up.

jerseyboy

Bone Stock
Reaction score
Visit site
I may be able to do the 13th or the 20th. Sundays are actually way better for me so if there's any chance we could switch to the 14th (w/ rain date of 21st), that'd be awesome :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still in. Haven't had a chance to plan out the route - maybe later this week or on Sunday.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here is the proposed route

Preliminary version - any suggestions are welcome. Seems a bit short after the 6 hour rides in LI :D - i say we extend it afterwards?

EDIT:
we can also head up to Newburgh and visit Orange County Choppers for those who haven't seen the place. Just an idea

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I invited a friend to join us. He rides a GSXR, but he is a former FZ6 owner and the sole reason I bought one. Oh yeah. He is a good guy as well. Lol

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I invited a friend to join us. He rides a GSXR, but he is a former FZ6 owner and the sole reason I bought one. Oh yeah. He is a good guy as well. Lol

I like how you have to apologize for him being a GSXR rider, lol.

Tell him to leave his flip flops at home though,lol;)

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Shhhh - you'll let the secret out! Quite a few gixxer owners are good people. ;)

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My coworker will be there too riding gs500, and possibly a friend of mine on his BMW tourer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

vindiesel6

Reaction score
Visit site

Tom, Thanks for the kind words. I would like to join this ride for sure! Always looking for new people to ride with and routes to explore. I managed to do 235 miles last Saturday on my gsxr but no one was available to join me.

Also, no "flip-flops" were worn and all skin was covered in "armor." :p

Last edited:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Turns out I may not be able to make it either though it breaks my heart; I could do 20th, but 13th has snowballed into a great group already.

Still not set in stone, but looks that way.