Is there something wrong with my bike???

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me start this by saying I don't have a manual. Didn't come with one. When I go to lift the tank, I remove the front bolts and then have to remove the back. The tank won't clear the fairing and rotate up. Now I hear folks on here saying all they do is remove the front two bolts and lift. Can someone explain this to me???

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what year your bike is. But I can email you the 07 Manual. I had the fairings off the only time i ever raised the tank.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me start this by saying I don't have a manual. Didn't come with one. When I go to lift the tank, I remove the front bolts and then have to remove the back. The tank won't clear the fairing and rotate up. Now I hear folks on here saying all they do is remove the front two bolts and lift. Can someone explain this to me???

Moto, at least on my 07, you need to remove the two black inner fairing peices in order to flip the tank up. They interlock with the main dash board so be careful removing them. You will need to do this twisting motion to remove them. You'll see what I mean. Just don't torque out on them, they are not the sturdiest things. Once they are out, your tank will flip right up. Good luck!

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Moto, at least on my 07, you need to remove the two black inner fairing peices in order to flip the tank up. They interlock with the main dash board so be careful removing them. You will need to do this twisting motion to remove them. You'll see what I mean. Just don't torque out on them, they are not the sturdiest things. Once they are out, your tank will flip right up. Good luck!

Just checked the service maual for the 07 and it says just like Hellgate said.

Never question a man with a gun.:D

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remove the third pivot bolt at the base of the tank and slide the whole thing back a few inches. Just be careful with all the hoses.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remove the third pivot bolt at the base of the tank and slide the whole thing back a few inches. Just be careful with all the hoses.

Good advice!! :thumbup:

After you do this and get it out from under the inner fairing, then slide the bolt back into the hinge and lift the tank up... prop it up or bungie to the grab rails to hold it up.

When you put it back on, be extra careful you don't pinch one of the hoses shut!

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate the responses. Like Hellgate said I had to remove the inner fairings. What a great design.... Anyways, again I appreciate the feedback.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I appreciate the responses. Like Hellgate said I had to remove the inner fairings. What a great design.... Anyways, again I appreciate the feedback.

Lol, and you couldn't see the tank hitting the inner farings becasue why?....:D

Glad you "got it up" anyway... :)

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and once you get it up you can prop it with a set of these.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3082-props-fuel-tank.html

:thumbup:

These are nice for propping the tank open, personally I just use a long piece of nylon rope and loop it the tank where the bolts go in and secure it under the seat (seat removed of course), there is a spot where it could be tied. The rods are nice but takes too much space, the nylon rope is easily loop tight enough to take very little space in and under our seats.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just fill the tank with helium and it will hover for you. Block the overflow tube though so it doesn't leak out!