Is my brake light loose?

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I never really payed much attention to my tail light before. I installed FAZR6's FE Kit and the next day (today) noticed that the brake light jiggles a little, up and down. It does not go anywhere, just up and down maybe a centimeter or so. Without taking the assembly apart everything seems to be where it belongs. Is it just like this always or have I done something when installing this kit that made it looser?

I'll try to describe it the best I can. Recently I replaced the back tail light with a led board and I had to take the whole thing apart. From what I saw, the back light and plastic cover sit on two rubber washers about half a centimeter (sorry where a metric here) thick. And of course they are tied down with 2 screws. I think basically its down this way to absorb vibrations.

I did notice my tail/brake light cover loose as well sometime ago when I did my visual inspection. It moves up and down, doesn't rattle or make a noise. It's not that loose though, you physically have to move it in order for it to move. I think it's just the way it comes or assembled. I didn't lose any sleep over it. The only nut, or bolt that has come loose was my screw that holds the rear brake fluid container, which I posted in another thread to advise everyone about my loss, and to make sure everyone's is still on tight. Other than that, my bike appears to be holding up very well from all of the vibration that a bike creates.

yeah, it moves around to absorb vibrations, had this concern myself when i bought it and asked the techs at the shop. they even walked me around to a few other bikes and showed me that almost all bikes do that.

I did notice my tail/brake light cover loose as well sometime ago when I did my visual inspection. It moves up and down, doesn't rattle or make a noise. It's not that loose though, you physically have to move it in order for it to move. I think it's just the way it comes or assembled. I didn't lose any sleep over it. The only nut, or bolt that has come loose was my screw that holds the rear brake fluid container, which I posted in another thread to advise everyone about my loss, and to make sure everyone's is still on tight. Other than that, my bike appears to be holding up very well from all of the vibration that a bike creates.

This weekend i noticed i lost the screw that holds rear brake fluid container to.

Back