Integrated turn signals and brake lights

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished up my first mods on the bike, aside from the oes frame sliders. Installed the2wheels clutch/brake levers, 2wheels rear turn signals w/brake lights and the motodynamics integrated tail light.

View attachment 39359

View attachment 39360

Here's a quick vid of the lights, sorry about the quality. Will take some better pics tomorrow after she gets an oil change and bath before winter storage. The glare doesnt do them justice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le02EojdNSk]fz6 integrated turn signals/brake lights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like that setup!!! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the signals and where did you get them from? Because after watching your video I think I really want a pair

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like that setup!!! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the signals and where did you get them from? Because after watching your video I think I really want a pair

Thanks everyone! I got them from the2wheels, same company that sells the levers on ebay that several members are using. They were $27+ shipping and tax. Solid build, a wiring diagram would have been nice though.

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Integrated turn signals and brake lights (new pics/vid!)

Finally got around to uploading the pics after her wash and shot a better vid of the lights, had to set it at a low angle to avoid glare. Enjoy.

The2wheels levers.
View attachment 39416 View attachment 39417

Crappy camera, need a new one for xmas. :D
View attachment 39418 View attachment 39419 View attachment 39420 View attachment 39421 View attachment 39422

New video of the rear lights.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgCNxJ6EPP4]fz6 integrated turn signals/brake lights 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
They do look good:thumbup:

Is the light actually orange/amber? We don't have 'running lights' here in Oz. Although I doubt we'd get pulled over for having orange lights permantly on, red would be nicer.

Can you tell us how long the unit is (without fitting bolt)? Doesn't seem to say on the website.

Cheers

OK, somehow missed the second vid. They look more red/amber combo in that video....

Last edited:

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
They do look good:thumbup:

Is the light actually orange/amber? We don't have 'running lights' here in Oz. Although I doubt we'd get pulled over for having orange lights permantly on, red would be nicer.

Can you tell us how long the unit is (without fitting bolt)? Doesn't seem to say on the website.

Cheers

OK, somehow missed the second vid. They look more red/amber combo in that video....

They are about 4in long, the running/brake leds are red and there are amber on the tip for turns. 2 rows of leds 8red and 4amber at the end iirc for 16r and 8a per stalk.

opfpqgoon

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so newb question. I just got an 08 FZ6 a few weeks ago and my taillight isn't nearly as spectacular as yours with the graduating turn signals but it does have integrated turn signals. I just thought that was stock. Does the stock taillight not have integrated signals at all??

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so newb question. I just got an 08 FZ6 a few weeks ago and my taillight isn't nearly as spectacular as yours with the graduating turn signals but it does have integrated turn signals. I just thought that was stock. Does the stock taillight not have integrated signals at all??

Correct, the stock tail is just red lense and incandescent bulb, no signals or quick flash. So yours sounds aftermarket.

ChadK_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I got them from the2wheels, same company that sells the levers on ebay that several members are using. They were $27+ shipping and tax. Solid build, a wiring diagram would have been nice though.

Which taillight did you us to get the modulation and integrated signals?

Never mind re-read first post :p "motodynamics integrated tail light"

Last edited:

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused:I oredered some myself. Do i need the "in-line resistor kit" for the signals in order for them to work properly?:confused:

The relay is needed if your front signals are led. If there is no incandescent bulb in the circuit it causes quick flashers since the pcm thinks there is a blown bulb cause of the low resistance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:confused:I oredered some myself. Do i need the "in-line resistor kit" for the signals in order for them to work properly?:confused:

The relay is needed if your front signals are led. If there is no incandescent bulb in the circuit it causes quick flashers since the pcm thinks there is a blown bulb cause of the low resistance.

PCM has no connection here. Its the Turn Signal Relay but its often referred to as the flasher relay. An option is to replace the electromechanical unit with an electronic unit. The electronic unit is not load specific just as long as its not overloaded it will maintain the same flash rate.

Note: incandescent bulbs draw current in range of AMPs vs LEDs drawing current in the range of miliamps.

Here is a simulation of how the flasher relay works. Scroll down and run the sim. HowStuffWorks "How Turn Signals Work"

Choices are: Add a load to act like the old bulb(s) or change flasher units.

I would caution everyone against buying the cheapest flasher relay. Its your life!!! Don't cheap out on it!