Installed Puig sliders

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing my Puig sliders. All in all, took me about two hours- an hour of looking for my torque wrench (found it), 50 minutes of going out and buying the proper bits and adaptors, and 10 minutes of installing the actual sliders.

They sent me two different length bolts, and later emailed me confirming that that was supposed to be like that. It all worked out in the end, the longer bolt ended up going on the left side, even though the sliders themselves were the same length:confused: Whatever, they look good, and I had no problem installing them. They are longer than I expected, though.

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pictures. When I was frame slider hunting, I couldn't find an FZ6 picture with the Puig sliders on. Where did you get them by the way?

Last edited:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pictures. When I was frame slider hunting, I couldn't find an FZ6 picture with the Puig sliders on. Where did you get them by the way?

I got them from indysuperbikes.com. KneeDraggers had them in stock (which is pretty rare) but indysuperbikes had them for $76 shipped, more than $20 less than KneeDraggers.

And after looking at the pictures I realize I REALLY need to clean my garage.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look great! I wish the Shogun's were that long!

FWIW, a clean garage is a sign that the owner does NOTHING in it. ;)

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The pic's look great!! You said you had to get bits??? Did you have to drill out the frame holes or did the original bolts fit??? Let me know, I would like a set and if you don't mind where did you get them and how much did they cost??

Todd

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
The pic's look great!! You said you had to get bits??? Did you have to drill out the frame holes or did the original bolts fit??? Let me know, I would like a set and if you don't mind where did you get them and how much did they cost??

Todd

The bits were to screw it in. I didn't have any 8mm hex bits that fit my torque wrench. The new bolts screwed right in to where the old bolts were. Nothing drilled.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Have the same ones. As they are long they saved all the fairings the other day when it fell on it's side. Not a single scar....Now about the phallus part....I don't really care, made me laugh though :D