In need of Front Calipers !

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone in the UK has or knows of a pair of Front Calipers that will fit a 2004 FZ6 could you let me know as mine are damaged.

I have found some online but there about 300 quid each side.

thanks guys

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, my-03 calipers fit and are the same. Much cheaper in eBay and breakers yards.
Nelly

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply, my bike is a 53 plate so i think anything from 2003 - 2006 should fit.

i'll have a look at some breakers near me i'm sure they will have some

thanks

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
The ones on ebay look Good I've mailed the seller asking if they come with the slider pins/brackets as ill need the pins and the brackets wouldn't be a bad shout.

I'm not actually sure if the calipers are repairable, the issue is the the threads in the caliper are stripped meaning the slide pins do not tighten up they just spin.

The threads on the pins look alright as I think they are steel but the calipers are aluminum so their threads have been ripped out.

thanks people

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
They were my first thought but I have no idea how to use them so i havent gone down that route, there a dam sight cheaper then a caliper set !

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I stripped the threads on my gsxr, and my mechanic was able to helicoil them for £20. The repair is actually stronger than the original. I was even able to leave the cable and reservoir attached so I didn't have to drain the brake fluid. Might be more tricky on an fz6 though.

I wouldn't trust myself to do the repair, but it's a 5 minute fix for a mechanic.

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help people :)

i'm going to go to garage next weekend and going to ask them to have a look ill let you guys know what happens .

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
The part numbers for the calipers seem to match which is good, but the 2011 set seem to have two lines running into one caliper whereas the 04 calipers just have a line each?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The part numbers for the calipers seem to match which is good, but the 2011 set seem to have two lines running into one caliper whereas the 04 calipers just have a line each?

My S2 originally had the over the fender set up as in that E-bay pic.

It doesn't matter, you won't be using his lines anyway. Just use your hardware, bolts, etc...

As long as the caliper part #'s are the same you good to go..

You may consider re-sealing them (not terribly expensive) while their not on yet. Yamaha recommends seal replacement every TWO YEARS.

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
As they were from the USA and i'm here in the UK I want it to be as easy as possible. so i just bought a set of 2004-2008 calipers with pads and lines that are exactly the same as mine, and they only have 3000 miles on them so there new pretty much, ill take a look at the seals and might overhaul them if needs be. i mean my bikes 10yrs old and never had the seals done so i'm not going to worry too much about that.

they should be here around the 8th as they are also from the USA so soon as there here ill have a look at them a bit closer.

thanks so much for you help, makes it so much easier!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As they were from the USA and i'm here in the UK I want it to be as easy as possible. so i just bought a set of 2004-2008 calipers with pads and lines that are exactly the same as mine, and they only have 3000 miles on them so there new pretty much, ill take a look at the seals and might overhaul them if needs be. i mean my bikes 10yrs old and never had the seals done so i'm not going to worry too much about that.

they should be here around the 8th as they are also from the USA so soon as there here ill have a look at them a bit closer.

thanks so much for you help, makes it so much easier!

Hmm.... 2008 is an S2 and has a different spacing and in these parts would not be compatible. S2's have 4 pistons so there is no sliding pins.