If you're gonna record your ride...

H

HavBlue

Interesting they needed a warrant to view the contents of the camera footage. I would have thought it covered under the automotive exclusion and they clearly had PC. 164mph on a cruise? Not bad, not bad at all but I would leave the camera at home or make sure it doesn't film the speedo next time.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting they needed a warrant to view the contents of the camera footage. I would have thought it covered under the automotive exclusion and they clearly had PC. 164mph on a cruise? Not bad, not bad at all but I would leave the camera at home or make sure it doesn't film the speedo next time.

I am sure they could use mile markers to determine speed even without the speedo, but that would take a little bit of thought.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
If you think that was stupid, lok at the other article on that webpage.

A motorcyclist told a gas station attendant that he just eluded the police and told him which road he was going to take to get out of town.:Im With Stupid:

Police: Eluding Motorcyclist Arrested After Crash - News Story - KPTV Portland

Wow. Not only did he end up getting caught because he was bragging to a stranger at a gas station, he wrecked his bike in the process..that definitely deserves two signs. :Im With Stupid::Im With Stupid:

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Aw... ya...

The annual spring cleaning of morons. Happens every spring peeps. Weather clears up. ***holes who don't ride in winter come back out to play. We will be seeing more of this stuff while Darwin's law cleans house.

Keep them coming. It will remind everyone of the dangers that we face every day.

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, both of those are in the Willamette valley, here where I am...and both on red bikes. I'm taking this as a sign to take 4 wheels up I-5 this weekend instead of 2. Easier to keep it near the speed limit.

Well, that and the weather. :p

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I read about those guys :D pulled over at 110 I'm sure he thought he was unlucky then happen to look down and remember that he recorded himself going 164 :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Boy, it's kind of a tough call. Going over 100mph in Oregon is considered reckless riding/driving and it's an automatic trip to jail. With that in mind, I wonder if you are better off maintaining that speed or hitting the throttle and try to lose the cops. At least it would make a better video. Heck if you're going 164, there is no way their going to catch you from behind, they have to get in front of you to have a chance. But did you notice on the two other wrecks, they both crashed due to failure to negotiate a turn because of speed. Let that be a lesson, slow down on those turns.