If you installed A/M exhaust please look!!!

Reaction score
Visit site
with the 2bro's exhaust? are not suppose to be able to use the universal FE kit? or do you have to use they mount that came with the 2bros kit...because the black metal peice that the wires follow on a normal rear fender doesn't even fit as you can tell by the pics...

you can squeeze the mufflers in but are touching on the frame on top...and the lp extension on the bottom...

any input appreciated! thanks!

i'm getting the pics uploaded right now

Reaction score
Visit site

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks bikerdude...guess i just have an extra part to sell now haha

I think you can still use your FE. You need to cut out a notch on the vertical side of the lower brace where the canisters touch it. Remove the plastic cover on the brace that hides the light wires and possible tie-wrap them to the bottom of the brace. Modify the TB FE to bolt up to the FE you got under the pipes.

I believe Boneman did this...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3068-two-brothers-carbon-fibre-exhaust-boneman.html

I chose not to do this because I didn't want to alter any factory equipment in case I decided to restore the exhaust back to stock.

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you can still use your FE. You need to cut out a notch on the vertical side of the lower brace where the canisters touch it. Remove the plastic cover on the brace that hides the light wires and possible tie-wrap them to the bottom of the brace. Modify the TB FE to bolt up to the FE you got under the pipes.

I believe Boneman did this...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3068-two-brothers-carbon-fibre-exhaust-boneman.html

I chose not to do this because I didn't want to alter any factory equipment in case I decided to restore the exhaust back to stock.

yeah i'm thinking the same thing...i don't like having to tamper with stock parts unless completly necessary...but it does look good with the lp up under the exhaust vs sticking out the end lol...hmmm

oh and cp04 it looks exactly like the boneman has...i got it off ebay but its VERY durable...heres the link to the one i got

eBay Motors: '04- 08 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit (item 250299294500 end time Sep-28-08 19:36:07 PDT)

the guy even posted it would work! haha