I saw you checking out my Undertail

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Ordered this a month ago, just got here today. Of course I had to run right out and install it :thumbup:

jtarkany-albums-just-fun-picture3843-undertail-2.jpg
jtarkany-albums-just-fun-picture3844-undertail-3.jpg

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very neat J, looks good. The indicators come with it in the kit??
Can you get a shot from directly behind, bit worried about the distance between the indicators, still looks great though.

I still have the ugly fender on mine, bloody cops here don't like the FE Kits :(

:rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Very neat J, looks good. The indicators come with it in the kit??
Can you get a shot from directly behind, bit worried about the distance between the indicators, still looks great though.

I still have the ugly fender on mine, bloody cops here don't like the FE Kits :(

:rockon:

Yes the indicators and an LED License Plate Light. Camera batteries died on me, as soon as I replace the batteries I will take a shot from directly behind.

pretty sick...looks like a FE with indicators tied in...real nice

location and price? :)

Got it at Red Racing Parts: Motorcycle Racing Spare Parts and Accessories by RED Racing Parts, a little pricey $106 euros (Don't know the current conversion) but hey, it was a birthday gift from my wife :blowkiss:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it!! it flows with the lines of the bike i'm gonna get me one!! Thankyou!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that looks really clean. How do you like the indicators, are they bright? Any chance for a video/pix of them in action?

Thanks for showing it off!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Ok, here is a video of the undertail, and yes, that is the world famous bd43 headlight mod you see in the night video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymqB3TwT3sE]YouTube - Ermax Undertail on 2006 Yamaha FZ6[/ame]

Here is a video with a 2009 FZ6N tricked out in all Ermax parts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR45q4mZzCg]YouTube - ERMAX on Fz6[/ame]

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the video, especially with both day and night! I'm tempted, and I just noticed one of my existing fender mounting bolts is missing. Hmmm, is this a sign? Haha.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
You can see from the video that the indicators are pretty dim, I like those indicators over in sanger's post: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/17025-i-need-advice-my-new-new-indicators.html, #3, I'm thinking about getting those for the front and back.
Just remember that if you do buy them, they come with 23w bulbs instead of the stock 10w. You'll need to replace them with 10w, which will be a bit dimmer. I'm not sure if they're dimmer than stock or not though! If you leave in the 23w bulbs, your hazards won't work and you'll end up blowing a connector (like I did) or relay! You can get the bulbs on ebay. They're the same as stock only amber instead of clear.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Just remember that if you do buy them, they come with 23w bulbs instead of the stock 10w. You'll need to replace them with 10w, which will be a bit dimmer. I'm not sure if they're dimmer than stock or not though! If you leave in the 23w bulbs, your hazards won't work and you'll end up blowing a connector (like I did) or relay! You can get the bulbs on ebay. They're the same as stock only amber instead of clear.

Good to know, thank you.