I got backed over by a van.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you know she didnt even get out to see if i was okay.I swear i saw her make eye contact with me in her mirror as she backed over me.she stayed in that van with the windows rolled up until the police got there.if you just did something by accident would'nt you jump out and try to help?I know I would.

W

wrightme43

Some people are more than absoultely worthless.

Sue the holy hell out of her.

DecepticonDon

Reaction score
Visit site
That happened to my buddy.
at a stop sign, the pickup in front of him started backing
He was honking, waving with the other hand and pushing the bike backwards.
Ankle got it bad and ripped off his big toenail :eek:

sorry to hear man, that's one of those rare things that you really don't think about until it bites you in the ass.

Contact a lawyer immediately.
The insurance company will try to get out of it unless they have some pressure on them.

Get better buddy

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
yea i was blowing the horn. i had the bike in neutral,and it happened really fast.it was an older woman who said she had a hair appointment,and she was going to be late because of the train so she decided to run over me,so she could turn around and go another way to the beauty shop.she had insurance.I was worried about that.because it was a 2000 model pontiac montana van she ran over me with.the police officer said i can pick up the police report wednsday.

"she had a hair appointment,and she was going to be late because of the train so she decided to run over me" ......WOW what the hell??? That part left me more speechless than ever.... what the hell?!!?! ...i don't trust old people on the road.... this doesn't help their cause :p

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this but really glad you aren't doing too bad. As others have said, make sure to keep in touch with the doc about the hemotoma. And definitely get the lawyer, especially after reading she didn't get out of her car.

I can not stand cagers like this. She wouldn't even get out of her car. She has no conscience what so ever. I'm glad you kept your cool. I would have needed the cops to pull me off her as I beat her for hurting my bike. Then thrown her into the trains path...

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
I, like you, am hesitant to call a lawyer. I can't stand all of the ridiculous suits here in the states. But after finding out that she was behind you then pulled to the side, backed over you, and then did not get out to see if you were ok, or pull the bike off of you or . . .

I think you should press vehicular assault charges against her in addition to anything you get into with the insurance company. Mainly because. . . If you accidentally hurt someone, you check on them.

You can really take this one to the bank. Especially if the police were able to get a statement from any of the witnesses.

This lady sounds like a total waist of oxygen.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you know she didnt even get out to see if i was okay.I swear i saw her make eye contact with me in her mirror as she backed over me.she stayed in that van with the windows rolled up until the police got there.if you just did something by accident would'nt you jump out and try to help?I know I would.

What an 'A' hole. I sincerely hope she hasn't got/doesn't have kids.

A perfect picture of what is wrong with the world.

Don't let this 'P' poor excuse for a human being take away your will to ride man.

Also for the experts or experienced, would lawyers fees be just another part of the insurance claim? ie. would you get the money back?

Mate I am seething for you. That's just so awful.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WTF ! When I saw the title I thought it was a joke !

Glad your ok Donny.
I had the same thing happen to me on my Z1000 many years ago.Some young girl in a very small car went into the intersection too far and when she realised and tried to back up she ended up pivoting on my front guard ! Thankfully bikes back then were solid steel and not plastic and I actually kept it upright ...........for all of 3 seconds,least she got out to see if I was ok .

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting backed over by a van?? That must have been scary as hell. And for what? Not being able to wait for the train and being late for a HAIR APPOINTMENT??? That does not make sense... I hope you heal up soon and continue to ride. This is just my opinion, but I do not think one accident like this should end your riding career. Now is it me, or have a lot of RED FZ6's gone down lately?

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not good, glad to hear you came out not too bad. These people need to thnkb acting, whht a patic excuse, late for a hair appointment.