I got backed over by a van.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks! Some ppl need a good smack around the head to wake them up! Glad you're OK.

If that incident was enought to make you consider quitting, I would definitely recommend that you follow your instinct, because that was fairly insignificant compared to what can (and often does) happen out there... this is my own personal opinion as usual :)
Good luck no matter what you end up deciding!

C

CombatPenguin

That really sucks, but it's good your not injured to bad. I look at it like this, yes when your on a bike in traffic your chances are higher to get injured when people don't pay attention, but thinking about it you can get injured in a car just as easy. If that makes sense.

Heal up soon and if you keep riding try not to let this bother you to much.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I feel I've gotten closer to any accident riding my bicycle to work the past few months than following traffic with the motorcycle...people really suck at driving cars. Who knows...I'm probably one of them since I never drive my Jeep!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your basically ok... heal up soon and get back on that bike !!! DO not let that idiot or anyone else take away what truly gives you joy and excitement:rockon:

Of course it's easy for some one like me to say it having not been through what you have, but it is truly what I believe...

Take care! Good luck.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the emergency room in the ambulance.they checked me out real good and took x-rays of my leg they said it's just soft tissue damage and to come back in 3 day's.and they gave me a prescription for pain.so i'll just lay up here on the couch for awhile.

Call a lawyer, trust me. You can end up making some $ from this mishap, and at the very least that will make her insurance jump up.
Hopefully that might make her more aware of her surroundings and avoid hurting someone else.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your basically ok... heal up soon and get back on that bike !!! DO not let that idiot or anyone else take away what truly gives you joy and excitement:rockon:

Of course it's easy for some one like me to say it having not been through what you have, but it is truly what I believe...

Take care! Good luck.
My wife even say's I should keep it.because she knows how much i love riding.maybe I could go naked with it now.the front fairing will be totaled by the insurance.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Call a lawyer, trust me. You can end up making some $ from this mishap, and at the very least that will make her insurance jump up.
Hopefully that might make her more aware of her surroundings and avoid hurting someone else.
my wife says to wait and see what her insurance company has to say before i call a lawyer.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I agree. I don't think it would have been any different if you were in a small car behind her. She was going to back up and try to get the H out of there whether anyone was there or not.

Listen to your wife (for once lol!) and go naked!

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd sue if it was a younger person not paying attention with a cellphone in his hand. I'd say use her insurance before getting a lawyer. This is nothing man, don't give up riding for this.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just glad to hear you're in one piece even if it don't feel like it at the moment.

Heal well brother :thumbup:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank God you are okay. She likely didn't even see you, even though she passed you. Fricken hair appt, how did you not scream at her.

Glad you are okay, rest up so you can get back on. And fight for anything you can. The Dept of Motor Vehicles needs to do more to get these old folks either off the road, or be sure to not pass them if they can't pass the eye exam. I have been getting my license renewed and been behind people that can't pass, and the DMV people say try again.... grrrr

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, glad to hear that you're pretty okay. The title had me freaked out.

What a horrible feeling of helplessness. I have a friend who had a similar experience and I cringe every time he tells that story.

Heal up quick man,
Travis

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
The best, and most ironic, part of this whole thing? She was going to be late to her hair appointment if she waited for the train. She then backed over you and had to wait for the cops, which most likely made her completely miss her appointment.

Sounds like someone needs to have their license removed. What a freak.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
As I read your post I could almost taste the carpet my jaw dropped so much. :jawdrop: I can't believe some people!

I'm glad you're alright. A hair appointment! Goodness...

Get well soon.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I read your post I could almost taste the carpet my jaw dropped so much. :jawdrop: I can't believe some people!

I'm glad you're alright. A hair appointment! Goodness...

Get well soon.
It's crazy!! and the train passed right after she got through backing over me.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
my wife says to wait and see what her insurance company has to say before i call a lawyer.

That's pretty scary!

I'd suggest talking to an attorney regardless of what the insurance company has to say. They can put proper context around the ins. co's response, and help you understand all your options. I'm not suggesting you sue them, but you need to make sure you're getting what you're supposed to and everything is being done by the book.

Heal up quick...

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty scary!

I'd suggest talking to an attorney regardless of what the insurance company has to say. They can put proper context around the ins. co's response, and help you understand all your options. I'm not suggesting you sue them, but you need to make sure you're getting what you're supposed to and everything is being done by the book.

Heal up quick...

I have never called a lawyer so I really don't know, but doesn't it cost a considerable amount of money to even speak to a lawyer unless they think there is some kind of significant settlement money that they can take a piece of?

Not trying to disparage lawyers, but they sell their time, that's their business.

Maybe someone here is a lawyer and can set my mind at ease about calling a lawyer so casually.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If she had ran me over she would have needed a body shop for her head, never mind the beauty shop.

I hope you get right real soon.

Steve