I feel like an idiot for asking but...

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just dont try to put it down while sitting on the bike...I cracked my shin pretty hard on the kickstand.:eek:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your over thinkin it.I put my dad's 1978 xs1100 back on it's center stand when i was 12 year's old.after many of my un-authorized outing's on his bike while he was at work.LOL:D

V

VDITRAINING

ahaha I laughed at that. Here's a link to a video. It works great for me at 6'-2". And I've never had it tip over and or hit me in the nads :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEcDCKP_7I

the only problem I see with your technique, and it's not such a problem on flat concrete, but you're in a bad spot leverage wise should the bike ever be on slightly unlevel ground. specifically to the right....if that right side of the stand sinks into a hole, dip or something.....you will not be able to hold it from going over.
big crunch followed quickly by a bunch of curses.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is good advice.

Once you feel both feet of the centre stand are on the floor just put all your weight on the centrestand foot and guide the bike. You do not even need to pull hard just guide it.

Practice this on a level tarmac surface a few times and you will soon get the hang of it.

Steve

I am sure I said you don`t have to pull hard just guide it.

Next time write ALL the tips down, MEMORISE then and THEN try it. :thumbup:

Steve

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
the only problem I see with your technique, and it's not such a problem on flat concrete, but you're in a bad spot leverage wise should the bike ever be on slightly unlevel ground. specifically to the right....if that right side of the stand sinks into a hole, dip or something.....you will not be able to hold it from going over.
big crunch followed quickly by a bunch of curses.

+1 That's exactly what I thought when I saw the video. You are in no position to control or be able to hold up the bike should it wobble or lean to one side! Although this method looks nice and smooth, why risk an unnecisarry topple over?

Most MSF instructors would have a fit if they saw this video, as again, you are in no position to control the bike should something happen. Controling your bike should always be your first priority.