I changed the colour of my bike! Woohoo! :)

vela

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally! It's done! I spent 5 hours assembling it after work on Friday. It was so dark I didn't want to take pics. I bought it slightly damaged, the previous owner fell at about 20 MPH, broke the fairing, the headlamps and the windscreen which he painted black. So... They are all changed, plus, I installed LSL crash pads and did the dual headlight mod and the air box! :rockon: What do you think?

Before:
dsc00987bo1.jpg

After:
dsc0097copyba1.jpg

dsc0099vw6.jpg

Last edited:

vela

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I can't tell you how happy I am now. It's like I bought a new bike! It looks different with the paint and both headlights working, plus, it sounds different too, because of the airbox mod. :Flash:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweeeeeeeeet! How is sound different?

Don't see rain or snow in the pics so time for some bugs on the front cause that bike is just too clean:)

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike looks awesome! Nice work!

Regarding the first pic... Damn, that's a scary place for a side stand.

HouTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That looks fantastic. I have a black 08 and hope to repaint it sometime down the line when I go naked. I am thinking of keeping it all black minus painting the tank either white or orange.

More pics!

Great job!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice look! I've always like the silver and black...Cool!! Even though it'll go slower now cuz it's not The Faster Blue....

vela

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweeeeeeeeet! How is sound different?
It sounds much "bigger" like it's a 750 or a 900 cc bike. Especially if you just tap the throttle, it growls man! Ha, ha! My friend that's also riding says that it sounds much better when I pass him at WOT. I can only tell from my perspective and I love it.
Here's a pic of the mod:
dsc01086ij9.jpg

dsc01087fw5.jpg

I thought it would run lean so I gave it a +7 on both C1 and C2 settings but then I could smell the exhaust, it was too rich, so I changed it back to stock and it goes like a skunk! Ha, ha, ha! I guess it was very rich at stock settings to begin with. I know there are some skeptics about this mod out here, but, if it means anything to you - I'd do it again, no second thoughts. In my honest opinion (and I know a few things about mechanics ( I used to tune Suzuki Swifts GTis)) it's just a silencer like you have under the bonnets of all cars. I don't belive I gained any power, maybe a tiny amount of torqe at lower end, but that doesn't matter - the sound does! :rockon:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks exactly like the stock 04's and silver 05's.
Looks good for being a paint job and not just new plastics.

vela

Reaction score
Visit site
Only the headlamps and the windscreen are new, well not new, but from some bike in Germany (ebay rules :D), all the plastics are original, I fixed them myself. Lots of patience, super glue, bondo and filler. That first pic shows the fixed fairing with my paint job. But then the tank needed to get fixed so I took the whole bike apart this winter and gave the parts to a guy who painted them professionally.
The disc lock doesn't rattle, I never heard or felt it. It's just so much more practical than having to lift the seat up every time.