I bought a 2010 Buell XB12TX today!

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a Black 2010 Buell Ulysses touring model . Very rare bike ,I have to wait for it to be shipped to my house. I can't wait to ride that bike!

C

CombatPenguin

Congrats, another buell owner. Hope you got a great deal on it.

C

CombatPenguin

That seems kind of high priced. I know with buell closing the prices were cut big time. The Ulysses at the dealer in my town were cut to $8000 and that included the hard cases. Although they were 09's. Im not sure how many 2010's made dealer floors. It should be a fun bike I like that it could handle some off road stuff.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on that one.

thanks,I've seen some buell's with very high miles some have went over 100,000 and some are junk. They are not as good as Japanese or German bikes but I've never seen a high priced Ducati with a lot of miles on it. I hope everything has been sorted out on this model, I know the older one's where trouble.

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Just sold my 09 Buell CR last week and bought a 08 FZ6. Too many idiosyncrasies for me, blinkers stopped working before I got the bike on the truck to take it home, low speed fueling made the bike lurch and a pain to ride in town, the fuel would boil in the frame and that was even in cold weather, then when I put it in the garage it would vent raw gas on the floor. I also had a 07 XB12TT two yrs ago I bought new, it was a lot more civilized than the CR but still the fueling was not at all up to the level I was accustomed to on the Japanese machines.
Good luck and have fun with the XB12TX.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats and i dont want to spoil the great feeling you have when you get a new bike.

im sure you scoured the market for cut-rate bikes and that one was the best priced one you came across. the reason others mention the price might have been high is a TON of buells across north america in just about every dealership had their prices slashed almost in half. that may well have expired now though I dont know.

either way, you will have a great time it is a great bike even if it does have some unconfirmed quirks. Many people swear by that bike.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! I've heard/read very good reviews of them.

Keep an eye out for electical gremlins. Some of the local guys have cleaned up the stock grounds to solve the odd ball issues.

So let's see some photos!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just sold my 09 Buell CR last week and bought a 08 FZ6. Too many idiosyncrasies for me, blinkers stopped working before I got the bike on the truck to take it home, low speed fueling made the bike lurch and a pain to ride in town, the fuel would boil in the frame and that was even in cold weather, then when I put it in the garage it would vent raw gas on the floor. I also had a 07 XB12TT two yrs ago I bought new, it was a lot more civilized than the CR but still the fueling was not at all up to the level I was accustomed to on the Japanese machines.
Good luck and have fun with the XB12TX.

Did it have the most recent flash for the ECM? That solves 99% of the fueling issues. I found with my R that the boiling fuel and the fuel venting stopped on the the motor was fully broken in. With the most recent flash mine rides as well as pretty much any motorcycle I've owned.

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking very hard at an XB12SCG myself €9000 for a 2010 and will prob do better...very interested on any issues with them as folks in Ireland dont seem to want to touch them due to reliability and poor service in the few shops that do them here..

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I know $12K is high,but if it does not give me any problems for 50,000 miles I'll be happy.

You gotta be kidding me!! 50,000 miles?! It's BUELL dude, not a Yamaha! ...And you paid $12,000 for a bike that is dead from a brand that is dead?!

What are you on and where can I get some?:eek:

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Did it have the most recent flash for the ECM? That solves 99% of the fueling issues. I found with my R that the boiling fuel and the fuel venting stopped on the the motor was fully broken in. With the most recent flash mine rides as well as pretty much any motorcycle I've owned.

Yes I had the most recent flash and the bike was very low mileage when I sold it, so it might not have any of the issues when it gets a few miles on it. I think I would have been happier if I would have bought another XB, they are a lot of fun. The bike I should have kept was a 01 S3T I had a couple of years ago, one of the old tubers, it was one of those bikes that just felt right and it had personality.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta be kidding me!! 50,000 miles?! It's BUELL dude, not a Yamaha! ...And you paid $12,000 for a bike that is dead from a brand that is dead?!

What are you on and where can I get some?:eek:

I'm high on Motorcycles and I need help is their a number I can call ? ....I know I'm crazy, I paid less than $ 11,000 for my two 2007 FZ6's and $4000 for my KLR650 they are great bike's that will go 50,000 miles each easy. I'm just dreaming I guess that the buell will be as good.