HP mods

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
If you guys can't feel a difference between the FZ6 and a Speed Triple (double the torque, 40 more HP), and/or the Buell 1125R (double the torque and 56 more HP), there are NO MODS you can do to your FZ6 that will make it FEEL faster...

Sorry, but I think you guys are tripping hard :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to keep the Fizzer, sounds like you do, and you want a significant increase in the bottom end, and you don't wnat to us NOS, the big bore kit is the ticket. But...but be prepared for a big bill. This ain't cheap and when it is said and done you'll be about 1/3 of the way to a new/used liter bike.

If you want low end power go buy a Buell 1125 series while you can, it the best $6,200 US you can spend.

wogstyler

WOGSTYLER
Reaction score
Visit site
If you guys can't feel a difference between the FZ6 and a Speed Triple (double the torque, 40 more HP), and/or the Buell 1125R (double the torque and 56 more HP), there are NO MODS you can do to your FZ6 that will make it FEEL faster...

Sorry, but I think you guys are tripping hard :)

The speed triple i rode was very slugish off the line and very easy to ride threw town streets because of this. Even my mate who owns it couldnt believe how close our 2 bike where. I only say where because his speed triple now runs a nice garrett on the front of it.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey wavey ... I didn't say I dont feel the difference between the FZ6 and 1125. I feel a lot of difference. But I expected more a loose canon, really hard acc. The low end torque is awsome tho, no need for shifting monkeystyle all the time like on those silly 600's. :D

But if that speed triple is very close with the FZ6 ... there is deff something wrong with that triple. It weighs about the same as the FZ and has 30hp more and a lot more torque. There should be no contest.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Ps: don't trip a lot ... I'm more a beer drinking kinda guy. Come over to belgium, I'll drown you in awsome beers :rockon: hahaha .

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
hehe you can't be from Belgium and not like beer!!! I love Belgium beer... I grew up not too far either :)

wogstyler: no doubt his Triple was broken...

wogstyler

WOGSTYLER
Reaction score
Visit site
hehe you can't be from Belgium and not like beer!!! I love Belgium beer... I grew up not too far either :)

wogstyler: no doubt his Triple was broken...

Possib, i have never riden another one to see the diff. And now He has spent about $30,000 on putting a turbo on it and a complete rebuild to suit so ill never know haha

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still waiting to get my Big Bore High Comp piston Mod done.....and Hellgate is right, it is going to cost a packet! About $6000 Australian...Yes i know i am insane, but i have taken the bike this far...so, bugger it, i am going in completely!

We are hoping to gain 15-20hp, and a decent load of extra torque, by the time all is said and done.

My personal goal is 120hp at the rear wheel, which is just over 21hp more than the bike has now.

Wogstyler, my bike, with PC111, BMC airfilter, and Two Brothers Pipes....got 9 extra hp with a custom map.

Also if you want more acceleration off the mark, do a 520 chain conversion, and go -2 on the front sprocket, +1 on the rear sprocket...this will liven up things in terms of pick up....wont give you more hp, but will give you better drive down low, but will take top speed away, and render 6th gear pretty much irrelevant as an overdrive...

:thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
i was even thinkin on eliminating the catalic convertor and see if that helps.
This will help. Don't forget to unplug the battery for a few hours afterwards to reset the ECU or it will be lumpy.

If you do K&N filter, airbox mod, decat pipe and aftermarket cans you will need a power commander to get the best out of it as the stock fuel injection doesn't do enough adjustments from the stock settings. Oh yeah, your bike will be LOUD too! :eek:

Mine is bad enough with all that (minus the power commander and with stock filter) and I have the DB-killers for my pipes left in!

Of course, in the UK there are no emissions tests for bikes for the yearly inspection (MOT) and apparently removing the cat doesn't make you fail either. In the US etc it may cause issues and you may have to put your bike back to stock cat and pipes (or put the DB-killers into your aftermarket pipes) for inspections.

Enjoy, this bike likes to be tinkered with. Mine rides smoother (and probably with more performance) since I abused the poor thing!

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Liters are the way to go if you want power as well as torq. There are a few comfortable liters that can be had and FZ1 is the best value for money you can get for as low as $4000 for the 06s. Then liters would powerslide, spin wheels under lean and power wheelie but isn't that where the fun is ;)

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you at in Belgium Speedy? I grew up in Mons but we were cheap kids so we usually just had Jupiler.

Im from Gent (Flanders), the daily beer is normal jupiler or similar "pils".
The nicer beers are Orval, Westmalle, Chimay ... mhhhh :BLAA:

@ The topicstarter, go for a turbo. Probably cheaper then the big bore kit :rockon:.