How wide are your strips?

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Was inspecting the tires the other day before a longer ride, and noticed that in the short time I've had this bike, I have really decreased my chicken strips.
i have about 1/2" from the edge of the tire to where the tire has been used on both sides... I feel like I'm so close to dragging a knee, but I don't have knee sliders yet so I can't try lol.
I give it another month and I'll have the chicken strips almost gone!
So I'm curious how far over you guys are managing to get?

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Totally gone. I hang off quite a bit too, so no excuses there.:rockon:
mrgm-albums-misc-pictures-picture3401-bridgestone-bt016-180-55-17.jpg

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny you posted this as I noticed last Sunday I had almost a half inch strip. Found a good tight road and no more strips! Seems I have to get it over farther with the Perelli Stradas than the Pilot Roads to get rid of the strips. Each tire can be a bit different.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny thread.
Just remember that strips only indicate how far you lean over, not how fast/well you ride. If you hang off the bike more and flick it quick, you need to lean it a lot less.
New tires, new season, no canyons are really ready to rally, so 1/4".

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I got about a 1/8 of an inch left. I hang off the bike most of the time but if i didn't then it would be all the way to the edge. I feel if I hang of the bike, almost a knee dragging, I have a whole lot more traction and control.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Dipped in ranch dressing ahh thats the best, whoops got carried away and wrong strips. On the Fz6 and the Fz1 I have about 1/2inch still taking it easy due to only 20 miles on the Fz6 and 30 miles on the Fz1 all new tires. But that will change once all the rain and flooded roads clear :D

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny side note:
When I had my Ninja 250 I used to frequent the corresponding forums. There are always a lot of new riders since the 250 is known as a starter bike.
One of the threads were labeled "Let's see your chicken strips!"
A guy actually posted a picture of chicken strips, from McDonalds......:ban:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have big fat blue strips as I have not left the city for over a month now :(

I had those blue strips from not riding all week. For some reason they appear on the stickier compound near the edge of the tire if you don't ride on them for a while and they look like strips but they are discoloration. I rode Palomar Mountain this afternoon on South Grade (The tight side) and cleaned them up.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I have about 3/8" and after a good ride in the twisties my tires (mostly the rear) show some "eraser crumbs" all over.

There are a couple of bikes that park near me at work that the tires look like they must have just come from the track - gobs of molten rubber. Makes me wonder, are these guys pushin' that hard up in the twisties around here - yikes!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I can't quote any numbers, but I have noticed that as the stripes on the edges of my tire get narrower, the stripe in my underwear gets wider.

Coincidence?

Fred