How much MPG (or KPL) does your FZ6 get?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Depends a lot on the traffic conditions and types of roads not to mention speed. For commuting I usually get around 38mpg. When I'm touring I get 45+

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven´t had the oportunity of checing my average so far, but I´d like to hear from you guys... can you all help?

I get about 42 mpg while commuting to work and while on weekend rides in the mountains. I haven't done any touring yet. Seems consistent with the other responses so far.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my bike for more than 5 years and I have no idea what the fuel consumption is.

I fill it, ride it till the gauge is low or starts flashing then I fill it again :)

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little OCD, so I'm one of those guys who spend the next five minutes after every fill-up doing the mental calculations. During my break-in period, I was getting 46 with a high of 51 on a 1.5 hour commute. Since break-in period, I'm getting about 44 MPG. Post-break-in riding has seen many more 8000 to 10,000 RPM revs. There's a lesson.

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
I kept track for the first couple of months I had it. I was getting up to 50MPG! As I got used to the bike, it seemed to get lower and lower. Now with most of my riding >7000RPM, I get around 35MPG.

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
I'm a little OCD, so I'm one of those guys who spend the next five minutes after every fill-up doing the mental calculations. During my break-in period, I was getting 46 with a high of 51 on a 1.5 hour commute. Since break-in period, I'm getting about 44 MPG. Post-break-in riding has seen many more 8000 to 10,000 RPM revs. There's a lesson.

Very detailed one, that´s very useful, thanks

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
If I can keep the revs down and just tour at 60/65 MPH I consistently get 50 MPG. OCD too, so I check it every tank. Of course if I'm in the twisty's practicing it drops some, but never under 45 MPG.

andreigbs

Reaction score
Visit site
52 MPG average in 4200 miles. Combined city + hwy miles, this is even better than my TDI ("only" gets 43 MPG).

lmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that our fuel is more than 20% ethanol, so we´ll have higher consumtion.

runforfun7

Reaction score
Visit site
My best was 50mpg and my worst was 42mpg. I usually check each tank. The basic rule of thumb is as the tach gets higher mpg gets lower! The 42mpg tank spent a good deal of twisty riding with the tach at 7000 or greater. Around town with occasional bursts of speed usually get 48mpg.