How much MPG (or KPL) does your FZ6 get?

Depends a lot on the traffic conditions and types of roads not to mention speed. For commuting I usually get around 38mpg. When I'm touring I get 45+

I haven´t had the oportunity of checing my average so far, but I´d like to hear from you guys... can you all help?

I get about 42 mpg while commuting to work and while on weekend rides in the mountains. I haven't done any touring yet. Seems consistent with the other responses so far.

I have had my bike for more than 5 years and I have no idea what the fuel consumption is.

I fill it, ride it till the gauge is low or starts flashing then I fill it again :)

I'm a little OCD, so I'm one of those guys who spend the next five minutes after every fill-up doing the mental calculations. During my break-in period, I was getting 46 with a high of 51 on a 1.5 hour commute. Since break-in period, I'm getting about 44 MPG. Post-break-in riding has seen many more 8000 to 10,000 RPM revs. There's a lesson.

I kept track for the first couple of months I had it. I was getting up to 50MPG! As I got used to the bike, it seemed to get lower and lower. Now with most of my riding >7000RPM, I get around 35MPG.

I'm a little OCD, so I'm one of those guys who spend the next five minutes after every fill-up doing the mental calculations. During my break-in period, I was getting 46 with a high of 51 on a 1.5 hour commute. Since break-in period, I'm getting about 44 MPG. Post-break-in riding has seen many more 8000 to 10,000 RPM revs. There's a lesson.

Very detailed one, that´s very useful, thanks

If I can keep the revs down and just tour at 60/65 MPH I consistently get 50 MPG. OCD too, so I check it every tank. Of course if I'm in the twisty's practicing it drops some, but never under 45 MPG.

52 MPG average in 4200 miles. Combined city + hwy miles, this is even better than my TDI ("only" gets 43 MPG).

Keep in mind that our fuel is more than 20% ethanol, so we´ll have higher consumtion.

My best was 50mpg and my worst was 42mpg. I usually check each tank. The basic rule of thumb is as the tach gets higher mpg gets lower! The 42mpg tank spent a good deal of twisty riding with the tach at 7000 or greater. Around town with occasional bursts of speed usually get 48mpg.

Back