How much do you pay for insurance?

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Foremost (thru AARP, cuz I'm an old fart) and to add medical on my policy (just the '07 FZ6) broke down as follows:

$1,000 Medical - $20/year
$2,500 Medical - $39/year
$5,000 Medical - $73/year
$10,000 Medical - $164/year
$25,000 Medical - $354/year

Now obviously your mileage may vary, depending on the bike(s), your age and driving record. I'll be pouring over my existing health insurance plan to figure out which one to get, but I'll be getting one for them for sure.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Foremost (thru AARP, cuz I'm an old fart) and to add medical on my policy (just the '07 FZ6) broke down as follows:

$1,000 Medical - $20/year
$2,500 Medical - $39/year
$5,000 Medical - $73/year
$10,000 Medical - $164/year
$25,000 Medical - $354/year

Now obviously your mileage may vary, depending on the bike(s), your age and driving record. I'll be pouring over my existing health insurance plan to figure out which one to get, but I'll be getting one for them for sure.

Is this some form of supplemental insurance ? Or is this tied into your car/motorcycle insurance with AARP?

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's above and beyond my other coverages for the bike (liability, collision, etc). And no, it isn't combined with my auto, as that's through The Hartford, another AARP related insurance company. Sometimes it pays to be over 50. ;)

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just took my initial MSF class last summer and this is the cost of my insurance WITH the MSF discount from progressive.

Are you saying i could take an advanced class and get a bigger discount?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Not a cent saved with American Family. Zero discount for safety courses.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay 68$ a year with Progressive, for minimum coverage (bike is paid off now). I am 26 years old, with a near-spotless record. I have one expired registration citation with no moving violations: ever.

I also pay 12$ a month for All State motor club (road side assistance). This i would suggest for EVERYBODY as it only is 12$ a month and covers you for everything from a tire change, battery charge, 200 mile tows, you name it. I've used it numerous times and it is amazing. It also saves me 8$ a month off my T-Mobile bill, so in essence it is only 4$ a month - WELL worth it.

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
for us who live in BC, not many choices other than ICBC. i had to pay $1600 a year for insurance, well its about $800 a year since riding season is only about 6 months here, and garage insurance is another $50 a month i think. after few years of riding i was able to insure with a private insurance company that cost me about $700 a year (that is still only 6 months of insurance with 6 month garage policy). a little cheaper but still expensive.. when u live in vancouver thats the price you pay i guess

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I also pay 12$ a month for All State motor club (road side assistance). This i would suggest for EVERYBODY as it only is 12$ a month and covers you for everything from a tire change, battery charge, 200 mile tows, you name it. I've used it numerous times and it is amazing. It also saves me 8$ a month off my T-Mobile bill, so in essence it is only 4$ a month - WELL worth it.

Double check that it covers motorcycles. Most car clubs will but you have to had upgraded to the premium package to extend beyond your car.

A membership to the AMA (American Motorcycle Association) will cover the tows as well.