How much do you pay for insurance?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive read lots of comments on how motorcycle insurance is crazy expensive and what not so i ask the question how much do you pay? Full coverage or minimum and why? Who are you with? And how is your driving record?

I pay $174 a year for minimum coverage through progressive and driving records dont get much worse then mine. I have min coverage because for one my bike is paid for and even if it wasnt in georgia the law dosnt require you to have full coverage ever on a bike even if its financed, and two theres nothing i cant fix and if i wrecked it bad enough that it couldnt be fixed more then likely i couldn't be fixed either....aka dead....

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have progressive I pay $208 for full coverage with $100 deductible. My first year with rider insurance was almost $800 with $1000 deductible. But it depends on age and type of bike and engine size. My freind has 2011 Honda cbr 600rr $1200 with $1000 deductible. By the way I am 34 years old and my friend is 33 so it's not like he is young.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot that...im 24 and single another 2 things i have that would make me pay about $5000 a month if i lived anywhere else lol

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay about $360/ year for comprehensive with a $100 deductable and minimum coverage otherwise. I just ran a quote and it would be $893/year with the same comprhensive deductable and a $500 collision deductable. I am 22 and have a perfect driving record.

O yea and I am with Progressive as well.

Last edited:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I have full coverage and pay over $100/month. I've been driving for 23 years with zero claims. It doesn't seem right, somehow. Well, what about ICBC has ever seemed right? :confused:

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a good driving record and I am married and own my house. But just liability would be $59 a year I thought about it after I paid it off but it is piece of mind if it is a total loss I can get another bike and I have $3000 in accessory coverage too.

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
I just insured the bike last week. Cost about $175 a year for full coverage with $250 deductibles. I am 28/married with clean driving record.

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I pay a bit over $300 a year for the works with high coverage limits (over 30, single). I called around to multiple companies before settling on one. Some wanted $700-$800 a year (and this was on a WR250X before I sold it for the FZ6). I have heard that different companies are interested in certain types of riders (i.e. only Cruisers, only Tourers, etc.) and will quote outrageous amounts to the style of bikes they are less interested in covering. It may pay to seek out different companies...

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I'm $202 every 6 months with a $500 collision and $200 comprehensive deductible (I just got my latest bill this week). I pay all my auto/bike insurances twice a year and everything (cars, bike, house, my life ins., wife and son's med ins.) is through State Farm, been with them for over 20 years (I'm 43).

Here's the breakdown on the bike...
Liability - 31.68
Comprehensive - 19.62
Collision - 44.53
Uninsured Mortorist - 106.62

I do not have to have collision or uninsured motorist, but I choose to anyway. I layed my bike down in July (Chevy Fazer was there). My wife talked me in to turning it in under our insurance. They paid me almost $3000 for damages to the bike, plus $200 for the helmet. It cost me about $1600 to fix EVERYTHING including the helmet and a new jacket. In this case collision will pay for itself and then some.

BTW, this last bill I got was the same as the first, so they didn't go up on my insurance because of the claim :)

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i pay $700 a yr for liability and fire/theft...im 19 and have a bad driving record

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay about $330 per year to insure 3 bikes with two riders, myself and my 20-year-old son. That's for full coverage with $500 deductible.

The bikes are an '86 Honda Nighthawk, '07 Ninja 500, and my '06 FZ6.

My Allstate agent says that Allstate and Progressive are the only companies who are really interested in providing motorcycle insurance.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i pay £500/year for fully comprehensive cover, including personal accident and breakdown recovery

if i didn't have any mods to my bike it migt have been around £400.

I'm 28, with 1 years NCB, and 1 years riding experience, the bike garaged and (living in a suburban area)

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Paying $140 a year in MD for 30/60 liability and roadside assistance from Progressive. In OR, I had that plus $2500 medpay for $120 a year. 26, married, nothing at-fault on our records. I guess I'm in that group that gets to pay proportionally more so people like the OP can have cheap insurance with a bad driving record! :BLAA:

I need to find whatever company this is offering full coverage with low deductibles for ~$200 a year... Progressive and Geico both want a freaking fortune (like over $1000 a year) for collision/comprehensive. Even the medpay coverage here is 2-3x what liability coverage costs. :rolleyes:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 41 have 25 years no claims, and pay €375.00 per year third party, Fire and theft (inc pillion).
In the UK the same cover cost £81.00.

Bike insurance cost are high here, with only three brokers in the market.

Nelly:thumbup:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly in the states it matters less about your skills and more about your Credit Score! Now add points for Tickets and walla - Damage to your pocket book for low credit and tickets.

$48 a month

Deductible;
100 comp / $55 year
500 collision / $371 year
Liability, injury, misc / $134 year

Bottom line - I pay WAY too much for the over the hill gang!