How many of you wear chest protection?? Been in an accident??

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a chest protector for about $20 bucks used. You can buy a new one for $40. Anyways I dont even strap it on, i just slip it under my leather jacket and it stays in place perfectly. I wear it everyday but i got to thinking......

41F524Ry65L_SL250_.jpg

Most leather jackets even expensive ones do not have chest protection. Is it because its not needed really?? I mean the question is loaded because anything will protect you better then nothing, but why dont most leather jackets have chest protector inserts??

In my situation, my leather jacket has all the perforations on the chest section so when im wearing my protector all the cooling is gone :(. When i park where ever im going my chest heats up quick too because of the tight coverage on it.

Do you guys where one? Or is this just a off road thing?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My leather Alpinestars Stage jacket has 2 padded sections in the chest area.

One day it was going to be hot and I was going to be doing some faster riding in the mountains. I took the pads out for more airflow. I broke 3 ribs!!!:eek::eek::eek: I re-broke 2 ribs I had broken months before. Don't know whether the pads would have made a difference but I believe in protection when you can do it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one but have never wear it on my street bike but I always wear it on the dirt bike. I personally have never seen or encountered a situation where I think it would be usefull. I am a very firm believer in ATGATT, but for me that includes helmet, riding jacket, riding gloves, armadillo (back protecter), riding pants or atleast jeans never shorts, and riding boots or at minimum high top steel toe work boots. I just cant picture any situation where a chest plate would actually come in handy, the main reason why I wear one on the dirt bike is because of rocks flying up and hitting me in the chest dont feel to good. I would actually be very interested in hearing some good reasons too wear one because even though I sometimes act like a idiot I still am very safety oriented rider

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Knox I use on the track.

Trama to the chest can stop the heart a chest protector can help prevent that.

I'd guess it can help prevent broken ribs too. Broken ribs can lead to punctured lungs, that problem I know first hand.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Knox I use on the track.

Trama to the chest can stop the heart a chest protector can help prevent that.

I'd guess it can help prevent broken ribs too. Broken ribs can lead to punctured lungs, that problem I know first hand.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

I know what it protects I just cant picture a situation where I would need that protection on my fz. So I guess I should have worded it different

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know what it protects I just cant picture a situation where I would need that protection on my fz. So I guess I should have worded it different

Doing a "Superman" and landing on your chest, hitting something, etc. You can never tell how a crash will end up.