How do you fill your tank?

What's your technique for re-fueling?

• Place on centerstand and fill while off or on bike

Votes: 65 22.2%
  • Place on sidestand, fill while off bike

Votes: 143 48.8%
  • Remain on seat, fill while keeping bike level with foot/feet

Votes: 85 29.0%
  • Take my chances with full-service fill-up!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously, if sitting on the bike was really a "Safety" issue while refueling, I'm sure there would be a law mandating that you must be off the bike in order to refuel. I see it as no different than a cager full of people along with a child, strapped in their special kiddy seat, sitting in their vehicle while refueling. And if Fire safety is the upmost importance while refueling, they would never allow self serve. They would have trained professionals pumping fuel. They would never allow amatuers such as myself to refuel with the motor running and smoking a cigarette.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez there's some egginess going on here. I sit on the bike whilst I fill up. No-one will tell me to do otherwise. It's quicker, easier and, hey, looks cooler. Petrol is exteremly flammable but where's the ignition source?? I'll be doing over 100 in a minute so wtf. I bet necrofilia wears a bright yellow tabard:spank:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I sit on my bike if I'm rushing and can swipe the card and go...but I usually like to get off and stretch it out a little bit.

The handle lock is really nice to have when it's below freezing and windy (car/truck)...I also use the "jam the cap in there" method on my truck when in NY or other states that don't allow the handle lock.

Last edited: