HK stator cover help

Chrz24

Reaction score
Visit site
Help!

I've been trying to replace my stator and its cover and when I'm ready to install everything I can't get the rod from the gear to fit in side my new cover! Is there something I'm missing or anything I could do to make it fit, or did I just buy a **** cover?

Any help would be greatly appreciated IMG_0187.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, the gear in the picture(sitting atop the stator) should be attached to the engine.

That pin you have should also be installed in the case first.

Look at the this parts fisch. The stator alone should be bolted inside the cover.
Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W GENERATOR Diagram

Is this the original OEM Yamaha side cover and pin?

After the side cover gasket is installed, JUST the cover and the attached stator is all you should be handling. Everything else is ALREADY on the engine.

Part #2 is the pin your dealing with: Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W STARTER Diagram

It should be in the block and the small gear (part 12) installed with it.

(And part #1 is the gear you have shown in your picture above VS both the pin and gear in the left side of the block..)

This should help- See that pin and gear is in the block:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You could try fitting without starter drive gear just to confirm the dowl/shaft aligns to the engine case properly but if you are trying to fit it with the gear and shaft in the cover, that method won't allow the gear to drop in and mesh.

So, do as suggested above ^^, fit OILED gear into place and then slide OILED shaft in to secure its location on the engine case. Fit gasket over dowels and slip cover on.

Now if this has been tried, confirm all cover dowels (no shaft, no gear) fits. Now confirm cover and shaft fit to depth.... basically eliminate the obvious and you will know what you can't see under the cover.

Good luck!