Highest speed?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And here's the number I'll remember for a while :)

123MPH = JONA GETS SCARED AND BOTTLES IT

;)

LOL...You do search and rescue, dangling out of helicopters, and you get scared at 123 mph? I figure it should be the other way around.

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i have 109 miles on the FZ 1 in the two days I have had it at the house. And I am keeping it under 7 grand for the first 600 miles, obviously changes engines speeds often (i build small-block fords's as a hobby so this is nothing new).

Anywayssss, I took off on a empty road today and rolled onto the throttle probably 65% through 1st (probably like 7500) and a quick squirt into 2nd, and i was already over 100! I can only roll on it or the damn front tire starts heading skyward....I can't wait till this thing is broken in enough where i can send it to 12.5 k+

:surrender:

S

sportrider

The fastest I've been on my naked warrior is 195 kilometers per hour = 121mph. I was wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops (I know, STUPID).

The d@mn flip-flops slowed me down!!!!
hey you were wearing safety gear as long as it was Corona brand!!!

S

sportrider

Well i have 109 miles on the FZ 1 in the two days I have had it at the house. And I am keeping it under 7 grand for the first 600 miles, obviously changes engines speeds often (i build small-block fords's as a hobby so this is nothing new).

Anywayssss, I took off on a empty road today and rolled onto the throttle probably 65% through 1st (probably like 7500) and a quick squirt into 2nd, and i was already over 100! I can only roll on it or the damn front tire starts heading skyward....I can't wait till this thing is broken in enough where i can send it to 12.5 k+

:surrender:
good times!!!:thumbup:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
hehe

I was running down the freeway, the 2nd day I bought the bike and I was kind of racing traffic. Actually everyone was just trying to pass me and I decided I wanted to be out in front of that mess. Before I realized it, pulling full throttle in 6th gear, I hit 102 mph, and really shocked/scared myself. I did 135mph years ago in my toyota supra, so I am not uncomfortable with speed, but having a cage surrounding you feels much safer than only 2 wheels and rubber keeping you up.
Oh, all those fools trying to pass me, I would out accellerate them and get 1/4 mile ahead then slow down, wait for them to overtake me, then gun it again. hehe, I bet they were all really pissed at the dude on the faster than lightspeed RED FZ6!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...You do search and rescue, dangling out of helicopters, and you get scared at 123 mph? I figure it should be the other way around.

:)

Yeah but I've flown in helicopters since 98 but only ridden my beast for just over a month :(

80mph on the motorway feels like i'm piloting the millenium falcon;)

I'll get used to it eventually lol

edit - I forgot to mention, I do get scared in the the heli sometimes :) some of our pilots resemble the flying equivalent of the biking worlds "ghost rider" !!! ........ however the adrenaline rush is always out of this world !!

Last edited:
S

sportrider

the trick is not to target fixate, the faster you go the farther ahead of you you need to look. this does two things, 1. it lessens the feel of how fast your going. 2. at high speeds if there is something in the road you need to identify it and make coarse corrections before your on it, keep in mind at 135MPH your covering 198 feet per second. at that speed if you see something 100 feet in front of you, you'd hit it before you would have a chance to respond!!!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
the trick is not to target fixate, the faster you go the farther ahead of you you need to look. this does two things, 1. it lessens the feel of how fast your going. 2. at high speeds if there is something in the road you need to identify it and make coarse corrections before your on it, keep in mind at 135MPH your covering 198 feet per second. at that speed if you see something 100 feet in front of you, you'd hit it before you would have a chance to respond!!!

That puts it all into perspective :)

I'm gonna ride with binoculars on :p

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Heres my way of looking at it:

If we tried hard enough we can outrun the CHP airplanes:eek:

The turbine powered helicopters can keep up, but they would overheat in the process on a hot day. The piston powered ones won't even try.

But just remember, you've only got a gas tank so big, and no matter how fast you go, you can't out run a radio.:(:rant:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
190km/h on a naked, visor up and chin strap loose. Didnt feel real good damn scarey having your helmet strangling you at those sort of speeds.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll probably all giggle at this here newb, but because I finally got my armored jacket this weekend, I actually ventured out onto the Interstate and drove 76 MILES PER HOUR!!! It was a rush (I'm sure I'll get used to it) and one more step towards being a jaded vet! :eek:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
140-something indicated several times per my tank mounted video camera...I was on the front straight at Road America.

I think it would have gone a little higher but I was already deep into my braking point so I had to shut down. my new target is 160!!!
:Sport:

Hopefully you don't kill yourself first! Not trying to be a drag, but there are so many variables on the street no matter how deserted it is....not to mention, going fast in a straight line is boring anyway. :)

Someone should put their bike on the centerstand and wind it out in 6th...I think it will top out at 160-something indicated.
________
CrazyHorny

Last edited:

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres my way of looking at it:

If we tried hard enough we can outrun the CHP airplanes:eek:

The turbine powered helicopters can keep up, but they would overheat in the process on a hot day. The piston powered ones won't even try.

But just remember, you've only got a gas tank so big, and no matter how fast you go, you can't out run a radio.:(:rant:

Ah but alas if you tried you'd learn that

1)Aircrafts can fly in straight line and no road is an exact straight line for long.
2)They have a longer line of sight
3)When the ground units catch up to you they won't find it very funny :(

BTW I know you weren't serious

S

sportrider

140-something indicated several times per my tank mounted video camera...I was on the front straight at Road America.

Hopefully you don't kill yourself first! Not trying to be a drag, but there are so many variables on the street no matter how deserted it is....not to mention, going fast in a straight line is boring anyway. :)

Someone should put their bike on the centerstand and wind it out in 6th...I think it will top out at 160-something indicated.
ya just don't try to wipe your swing arm down or lube your chain at the same time!!!