Highest speed?

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Rpm

That was going to be my first question: what kind of RPM's are you seeing at these indicated high speeds?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will try to have a better look next time, and get back to you. Or you could go and have a bash and let me know. Good luck

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Late reply

I know i have been up to 158 on mine.....at least that was what was indicated on the speedo. My actual GPS reading was 146. So the speedo is way off when you get up to speed. But thats with any bike going that fast.

I have a friend that swears his Hyabusa can go 220 just because it can bury the needle on his speedometer. When i gave him the GPS to measure as close to accurate as we could get, he was going 189. His speedometer read 220mph but a GPS doesnt lie...:thumbup:

I would recommend gettin ahold of one to test your speed if you want to be as close as you can get. By our federal law our speedometers have to read accurate up to 80mph, anything faster than that has up to a 15% margin of being right. Meaning it could range in accuracy from below or over 15% of your speed. Most digital speedos, when reading 65 is acctually 63.5mph.

Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My info may not be 100% accurate, just thrown together from bike review websites)
;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know i have been up to 158 on mine.....at least that was what was indicated on the speedo. My actual GPS reading was 146. So the speedo is way off when you get up to speed. But thats with any bike going that fast.

I have a friend that swears his Hyabusa can go 220 just because it can bury the needle on his speedometer. When i gave him the GPS to measure as close to accurate as we could get, he was going 189. His speedometer read 220mph but a GPS doesnt lie...:thumbup:

I would recommend gettin ahold of one to test your speed if you want to be as close as you can get. By our federal law our speedometers have to read accurate up to 80mph, anything faster than that has up to a 15% margin of being right. Meaning it could range in accuracy from below or over 15% of your speed. Most digital speedos, when reading 65 is acctually 63.5mph.

Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My info may not be 100% accurate, just thrown together from bike review websites)
;)
I got pinged for doing 36 in a 40 zone my GPS said 31mph, I should have used it as my defence ha ha. Maybe the sat couldn't keep up with the Suzi (least thats what your mates hoping) lol

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have 220 Kilometer as my 'record'. Got it at the long start/finnish
at Nürburgring.

At the risk of courting controversy, I was always taught that:

1Km = 0.625 miles, that being the case, 220kph = 137.5 mph.

Far be it from me to be too critical, I cracked the throttle on mine a couple of days ago & made it into triple figures - I then went home & emptied my pants :O)

Icebreaker

Reaction score
Visit site

Far be it from me to be too critical, I cracked the throttle on mine a couple of days ago & made it into triple figures - I then went home & emptied my pants :O)

According to this site ( WWW Unit Converter ) 1 km = 0.621371 miles.
Just for the record, a english mile is 1609 meter = 1.609 km

This gives 220kph = 136.701662 mph.

Enough about that.
The bike is still accelerating at 220 but slowly. I could have tried at
autobahn but I had a rather big baggage that I didn't want to lose :D.

socalked

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was out in death valley 02/07 and did 153mph based on the speedo. I even had some camping gear(tent, sleeping bag & mat)plus a givi case with about 22 lbs. Taking that number and subtracting the poss %variation of the speedo is about 147 mph.:Sport:

Last edited:

socalked

Reaction score
Visit site

actually the proper and accurate method to convert km to mph is divide the km number by 8 and then multiply the result by 5: 80km/8 x5 = 50mph.
Then to convert mph to km is to divide the mph by 5, then multiply 8: 50mph/5 x 8 = 80 km.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got pinged for doing 36 in a 40 zone my GPS said 31mph, I should have used it as my defence ha ha. Maybe the sat couldn't keep up with the Suzi (least thats what your mates hoping) lol

I have acctually gotten out of 2 tickets because the cops radar gun was off. Every time you get pulled over you can ask to see the acctual radar where he got you. If you know you were speeding it does no good, but like in this case you could have looked. Then after you see the radar you can ask to see the calibration paper for the radar. In the county where i live they are required to take in their radars every month to have it calibrated, if not then it can be as much as 8MPH off. I know this because my cousin is a sherrif and he said it will hold up in court. I tried it twice and twice it has worked for me. But, once again, going through all that trouble isnt worth it if you know you were speeding.

Be safe and have fun everyone!:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had another bash at it today on a cleer stretch of road. Got to 137mph and the rain covers blew off of my soft luggage. gutted as it will rain in the next few days.

Last edited:
S

sportrider

I had another bash at it today on a cleer stretch of road. Got to 137mph and the rain covers blew ofof my soft luggage. gutted as it will rain in the next few days.
Good Times!!!!! I love going fast!!!:thumbup:

S

sportrider

New personal best!!!

well I was at it again this morning!!! looks like I got a tie with "jamesfz6" of 158 MPH on the speedo!!!! I think it would have gone a little higher but I was already deep into my braking point so I had to shut down. my new target is 160!!!
:Sport:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Danny! Any idea how your rpm's were at that speed? And remember guys, the faster you go, the greater the speedometer error. I passed one of those portable radars contraptions that you find on the side of the highways from time to time and my speed indicated 72 mph while my bike was regestering 80 mph. So maybe 160 is really 144...

Vegasrider:Sport:

S

sportrider

honestly I didn't look, I remember reading that question after the fact. next time I'll be sure to glance at it and post it up!!!:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well I was at it again this morning!!! looks like I got a tie with "jamesfz6" of 158 MPH on the speedo!!!! I think it would have gone a little higher but I was already deep into my braking point so I had to shut down. my new target is 160!!!
:Sport:
Hi Mate, I wish I had the roads that you do. My Mate has an R6, the best he got out of on a proper planned run was 165mph. He even emptied the tank down so tha he had enough fuel to ride between two junctions. Our beasties are slightly down tuned so I guess you must be pretty close to it. Or the urban legend that the red one's are fastest is no longer a myth?
Oh happy days.

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Personal best :)

So far on mine I've clocked 0-mph :thumbup:

Don't pick it up til tomorrow :)

Brand new bike so my top speed will be limited for a while :(

Great thread

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
actually the proper and accurate method to convert km to mph is divide the km number by 8 and then multiply the result by 5: 80km/8 x5 = 50mph.
Then to convert mph to km is to divide the mph by 5, then multiply 8: 50mph/5 x 8 = 80 km.

Have you tried dividing 5 by 8? You'll be surprised at the answer. ;O)

I'm happy to go with Icebreakers numbers.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate, I wish I had the roads that you do. My Mate has an R6, the best he got out of on a proper planned run was 165mph. He even emptied the tank down so tha he had enough fuel to ride between two junctions. QUOTE]

Got to have some bearing on the outcome. As no doubt, does the number of pies consumed prior to the record attempt :O)

Probably a bit of topic but one of those things that just popped into my head. Browsing the manual t'other day regarding tyre pressures, a figure was given for up to 90Kg & another for the max load of 90Kg. Now I reckon I must have misunderstood. I have in my time eaten a few of the afore mentioned pies & tip the scales at 15 stone (210lbs) or 95Kg does this mean I can't ride the bike? And who the hell could ride 2 up except a pair of scraggy size zero super models with no luggage & wearing very little.

Incidently, any super models wishing to test this theory, please contact the writer :O)