Hey Wolfman - need some advice

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
I cant seem to find your epic MotoGP threads so I figured I would ask some questions about your trips and experience.

All for the greater good and of-course my own benefit.

1. Do you go via the ferry or do you hoof it to philip island? if you get the ferry please elaborate on cost etc.

2. Accommodation on the island? where do you stay and what can you recommend? No I personally don't want to be in a tent!

I am currently making a Itinerary of an 11 day holiday for MotoGP next year. I wont be making this trip every year but I feel I must do it at least once! Any extra info will be appreciated!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jay Jay, we usually stay at Anchor Belle Holiday Park in a cabin. Not too bad. Also check out www.stayz.com.au and look at Newhaven, Rhyll and not just Cowes.

Problem is, you need to be booking now for NEXT YEAR. Books out pretty quickly.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayJay

Reaction score
As soon as Motogp announce the calendar ill be making a booking. Should be very soon.

Unless you just book for weeks surrounding the actual race dates I don't see how you can book this far ahead.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Jay Jay, i stay at the Phillip Islandf Caravan Park...have pretty much a permanent booking for the World Supers every year...great place to stay...quiet, away from the main rabble, and good for a quick exit off the Island, as it just over the bridge, as you come onto the Island.

As for the Ferry, have taken it 3 out od my last 4 visits, and got lost upon arrival on the Mornington Peninsula each time, so i am thinking that the Ferry aint the best option....

Cant remember how much it costs, but it aint much...

:thumbup:

JayJay

Reaction score
the ferry is $70-75 return (peak)

Yeah not a great deal considering the distance and headache melbourne could be with tolls etc.

Thanks for your accomodation advice. Weighing up getting a house for 4 days.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the ferry is $70-75 return (peak)

Yeah not a great deal considering the distance and headache melbourne could be with tolls etc.

Thanks for your accomodation advice. Weighing up getting a house for 4 days.

Getting a house during Moto GP week will be hard....they are normally all booked, years in advance, and accomodation during the Moto GP is not cheap! Unlike the World Supers....less people, less demand, keener pricing...

:thumbup: