Here is another streetfighter almost done!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I know i have already posted on this, but again,Great Bike...all muscle, no fat!, and with those Brakes, that Tank cover (airbox & Fuel injection shroud), etc, it's like someone at Buell has kindly done all the mods for you! A bit like a Triumph Street Triple, or Speed Triple.

Still i like the idea of having such a blank canvas with the FZ6, is one of the reasons why i bought it, (so i could go nuts modding it!) Yamaha kept it pretty bland with budget priced brakes, suspension etc...but knowing your history i guess you know that well enough, and have probably had enough of spending your hard earned on multiple mods.

Am guessing after 3 attempts at going nuts on a FZ6, you decided to buy the bike that is \"blinged\" already.

Am very happy for you.

:thumbup:

Thanks! yes, after modding the FZ so much I was ready for a change... as soon as I saw the Buell in person at the dealership, I was hooked... it just fits me :thumbup:
On a side note: I would have had to do quite a lot of changes to the speed/street triples to make them fit my tastes... much more than on the Buell.

ITSME & cv_rider: Thanks guys!! :cheer:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
:drool:

Looks gorgeous. I feel like to do it justice you need to place it in a large black velvet box with one overhead light that just makes the blue stand out.

BTW do you carry it over speed bumps!!?? (just installed them in my community :Flip: )

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
:drool:

Looks gorgeous. I feel like to do it justice you need to place it in a large black velvet box with one overhead light that just makes the blue stand out.

BTW do you carry it over speed bumps!!?? (just installed them in my community :Flip: )

Thanks man...

There are very tall speed bumps in my work's parking lot and no problems :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, to clarify: the Buell is manufactured by Buell, not Harley... two different design offices and manufacturing plants :D The only part that is Harley in the Buell is the old pushrod engine... everything else is NOT Harley :D

Yeah, it`s important to me that everybody makes that subtle distinction :rof:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, to clarify: the Buell is manufactured by Buell, not Harley... two different design offices and manufacturing plants :D The only part that is Harley in the Buell is the old pushrod engine... everything else is NOT Harley :D

Yeah, it`s important to me that everybody makes that subtle distinction :rof:

Tomato - Tomoto:cheer:

At least that HD motor makes gobbs of torque, otherwise we might have to make fun of you for running that thing. It really is beautiful though, which is how we know HD didn't design it.:eek:

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Wow, looking great! Love the seat, love the everything. How's the torque treating you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Tomato - Tomoto:cheer:

At least that HD motor makes gobbs of torque, otherwise we might have to make fun of you for running that thing. It really is beautiful though, which is how we know HD didn't design it.:eek:

:rof: :Flip:

Hey we're going for lunch tomorrow with Cali Rider... you in?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, looking great! Love the seat, love the everything. How's the torque treating you?

Sometimes I`ll open up, and I feel all this pull, and the engine suddenly wakes up (from quiet to loud), and my heart starts beating faster, and my mouth connects both my ears with a huge grin, so to make it all last a little bit longer, I shift into the next gear and the same thrill starts over again, and then I look down at the speedo and see 60mph :rof:

Seriously, I love it... that much fun below the speed limits was impossible to achieve on the FZ6.

Now as soon as you hit 110mph, the fun stops though... it`ll take you to 120-125, maybe 130 if you really push it in a downhill, but that's about it... which is fine with me... but I know some ppl like to go fast on a straight line, so that bike is not for these ppl :)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes I`ll open up, and I feel all this pull, and the engine suddenly wakes up (from quiet to loud), and my heart starts beating faster, and my mouth connects both my ears with a huge grin, so to make it all last a little bit longer, I shift into the next gear and the same thrill starts over again, and then I look down at the speedo and see 60mph :rof:

Seriously, I love it... that much fun below the speed limits was impossible to achieve on the FZ6.

Now as soon as you hit 110mph, the fun stops though... it`ll take you to 120-125, maybe 130 if you really push it in a downhill, but that's about it... which is fine with me... but I know some ppl like to go fast on a straight line, so that bike is not for these ppl :)

Wave, I think you have finally got the right bike that gives you thrills within your limits! I think every person should find such a bike. So far FZ6 is doing it for me but you never know your limits as you said on SBN.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
This has nothing to do with my limits... anyone riding either bike will feel the same thing, i.e. that there is much more fun to be had on the Buell at speeds up to the speed limits... that`s all :)

I am not saying the FZ was not a fun bike, not at all, I had plenty of fun on it as well, but it's a completely different feel, and if you want to get a serious pull at low speeds on the FZ you will have to keep the rpms high (which is really not practicle)... if you`ve ridding a big v-twin you know what I mean :rockon:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I might have just had a happy time in my pants after see this bike. I love the buells (which I could afford one)

excellent bike :thumbup:

oh and btw wavex... I would just like to say... I hate you... in a good way... :bow:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I might have just had a happy time in my pants after see this bike. I love the buells (which I could afford one)

excellent bike :thumbup:

oh and btw wavex... I would just like to say... I hate you... in a good way... :bow:

:rof: yeah it does that to me too :D

I am a very lucky man, so I understand if you hate me :Flip::cheer:

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a girl on one of these Buells. She had the exact same one, but it was the ORANGE one.

That was in Canada. I wonder where she bought it from? Buell stores are harder to find there. Hmmm...