Here is another streetfighter almost done!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks better than I thought it would.

I will have to ask my friend what seat he has, because there is something different about the style his is, can't remember though.

As for the exhaust, he was able to play around with some of that flex tubing stuff and made his own exhaust. He played around with differnet lengths and such, found that once he got below a certain size the bike feel on its face. So he adjusted it again to where he felt it was the strongest and then took it to the buel shop to have it re-mapped. Its very LOUD, but it doesnt sound too bad.

-bryan

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks better than I thought it would.

I will have to ask my friend what seat he has, because there is something different about the style his is, can't remember though.

As for the exhaust, he was able to play around with some of that flex tubing stuff and made his own exhaust. He played around with differnet lengths and such, found that once he got below a certain size the bike feel on its face. So he adjusted it again to where he felt it was the strongest and then took it to the buel shop to have it re-mapped. Its very LOUD, but it doesnt sound too bad.

-bryan

Yeah I am going to have that dude do it for me: Special O.P.S
Better performance and sound apparently...

Pretty cheap and I hear his work is awesome (he is a test pilot for the blackhawk helicopter, so I am sure he knows what he is doing)... I personally don`t want to mess with the exhaust as I wouldn`t have a clue... plus the stock exhaust has a backpressure valve (to regulate backpressure depending on rpm/speed, which in turn adjusts torque/HP depending on your speed), which I don`t want to mess with either :)

There are quite a lot of different seats for the XBs... stock, carved, lowered, split etc...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
- get CRG mirrors, check.
- Remove stickers and reflectors, check.
- Remove rear rotor top cover, check.
- change oil & filter, check (HD synth oil is expensive :spank:).
- give it its first bath, check.
- get an FE... not check :ban:

I still can`t stop staring at it :cheer:

2809682351_e3a04fab23_o.jpg

2810527906_286afda584_o.jpg

2809682407_3b80aafdf5_o.jpg

2809682537_cb9b9f3b79_o.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn`t wait for the FE, so I made my own... it took some serious cut-off wheel action to chop that rear fender... it came out good though, so I am happy... I even cut an opening below the taillight so the running light can shine on the license plate (no here yet).... stock turn signals were relocated higher on the bracket, all it took was to drill a couple of holes.

Lots of cutting, sanding and painting, and I think I am done (pipe maybe) :cheers

2812581463_3c5799f8f2_o.jpg

2812581173_29663595d1_o.jpg

2813430900_a60d850a83_o.jpg

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex,

I can't blame you for wanting stare at it....I would probably stare the paint off it!!:thumbup:

I said it before...it's definitely the MEANEST looking bike I have ever seen:rockon: Also the cleaned up rear end looks great! Nice work:cheer:

Thanks for sharing so many great pics of this bike.......I was running a meeting at work with a projector and put the pics of your bike up on the screen....the whole room was drooling.....a lot of my co-workers ride as well.

Good luck with the new Bike...it is truly awesome!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW!!! What a difference. That looks awesome! Good job. :thumbup:

Yeah it makes a big diff! Thanks Janette :rockon:

n1one said:
Wavex,

I can't blame you for wanting stare at it....I would probably stare the paint off it!!

I said it before...it's definitely the MEANEST looking bike I have ever seen Also the cleaned up rear end looks great! Nice work

Thanks for sharing so many great pics of this bike.......I was running a meeting at work with a projector and put the pics of your bike up on the screen....the whole room was drooling.....a lot of my co-workers ride as well.

Good luck with the new Bike...it is truly awesome!

Thanks man! May I send you my resume? I want be in your meetings :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW!!! Fantastic job David! That is damned HAWT!!!

Where's the plate though? ;)

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
That blue is just ethereal on the tank and wheels. Is that stock? By the way you I think you got the perfect scene for photographing that thing. The earth tones of the patio and fence work perfectly with the black and blue of the bike. :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
That blue is just ethereal on the tank and wheels. Is that stock? By the way you I think you got the perfect scene for photographing that thing. The earth tones of the patio and fence work perfectly with the black and blue of the bike. :thumbup:

Thanks man, how about these pics:

2819273797_9ac8690cbf_o.jpg

2819248481_63d6afbb24_o.jpg

2819248017_2cb870ec61_o.jpg

2820117756_63391c2ab0_o.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know i have already posted on this, but again,Great Bike...all muscle, no fat!, and with those Brakes, that Tank cover (airbox & Fuel injection shroud), etc, it's like someone at Buell has kindly done all the mods for you! A bit like a Triumph Street Triple, or Speed Triple.

Still i like the idea of having such a blank canvas with the FZ6, is one of the reasons why i bought it, (so i could go nuts modding it!) Yamaha kept it pretty bland with budget priced brakes, suspension etc...but knowing your history i guess you know that well enough, and have probably had enough of spending your hard earned on multiple mods.

Am guessing after 3 attempts at going nuts on a FZ6, you decided to buy the bike that is "blinged" already.

Am very happy for you.

:thumbup:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Darn cool looking. Buells don't look like anything else. I like the way Buells put the exhaust between the wheels. A very clean look. Although it seems blasphemeus to mention the Blast in the same thread as this, that Buell too had its exhaust underneath. The problem with it was that the bike had small clearance. Two times I cracked the exhaust as I bottomed out going up the sloped curb of the sidewalk into my driveway.