Here is a lower seat

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is for those who are interested in a lower FZ6 seat.

For those who are not interested maybe you should look at the next thread.

I am sorry but I do not have a part number for this. Take the pics to your Yamaha man and ask him to get you one, it is a Yamaha FZ6 seat, supplied by Yamaha.

I am 5`9" and had to tip toe when stopped. PERSONALLY I did not like it, especially when riding 2 up.

I ordered the seat from my Yamaha dealer in Germany.

It is about 1" lower than the stock seat and makes a huge difference to me. It is very comfortable and feels the same as the stock seat.

The stock seat is obviously the left one.

I hope this helps some of our vertically challenged members.

Steve

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't decided if i need a different seat or not yet, but that looks like a good alternative, is it made from the same material or is it one of the "Gel" seats?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is of the same material and not a gel seat but it is much more comfortable than the stock seat. I did 400km last sunday and it was great.

It is not the Yamaha comfort seat which is the same size as the stock but with a gel pad added.

Steve

Steve

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures. I have the same problem at 5'8". I also need to tip toe and it is a bit harder to back the bike up into a spot.
Dani

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't find that part number either with a quick search. But here's a link to an US parts catalog where you can find the numbers of the OEM parts:

Yamaha Motor US.

I'm not quite sure if the same part numbers apply in UK as well.

And to that lower seat: ME WANNA!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
You could just shave the seat you have and only spend about 50 bucks. I think I can try to find the step by step picture instructions that somebody made for my last bike (yzf600r) on how to do it yourself.

Let me know, and i'll try to find it if anybody is interested.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could just shave the seat you have and only spend about 50 bucks. I think I can try to find the step by step picture instructions that somebody made for my last bike (yzf600r) on how to do it yourself.

Let me know, and i'll try to find it if anybody is interested.

DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page is THE best site on modding your own seat... Read through his tutorial and step-by-step... Nice!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You all must have short inseams then. I'm 5'10" and sit flat footed (both feet) with knees bent on the stock seat. I have a 32" inseam.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
for the fearless amongst us you could strip a solid 16 gauge wire and run some current through it to get it hot then shape the seat cushion. No I have not tried it, yes it might shock the poo out of you. Still it might slice a perfect curve, or really any shape you bend the wire into.

I have a decent power supply and may try this out in the next couple weeks, I'd do it sooner but all our bathrooms are torn out, wife says put in tile or die :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for the fearless amongst us you could strip a solid 16 gauge wire and run some current through it to get it hot then shape the seat cushion. No I have not tried it, yes it might shock the poo out of you. Still it might slice a perfect curve, or really any shape you bend the wire into.

I have a decent power supply and may try this out in the next couple weeks, I'd do it sooner but all our bathrooms are torn out, wife says put in tile or die :)

good luck with the seat slicing, also with the tile... or dieing i guess...

H

HavBlue

Doc, save yourself and buy a foam knife. Try the hot wire and you'll have Edison rolling in his grave......he,he,he

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
aww, you guys take all the fun out things.

And Edison deserves all the abuse he can get, Tesla told me so.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is of the same material and not a gel seat but it is much more comfortable than the stock seat. I did 400km last sunday and it was great.

It is not the Yamaha comfort seat which is the same size as the stock but with a gel pad added.

Steve

Steve

This was posted on the 4th entry. NO IT IS NOT THE COMFORT SEAT.

Yes I could have taken the knife to the seat but seeing as I paid the equivalent of 19000 US dollars for the bike I did not mind paying a little extra to make sure the job was done right.

The seat not only looks great but feels great.

Steve