Help Choosing Givi Side Bags

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Well the snow is melting, the snowmobile is put away and its time to start thinking about the Fizzer. I ride an 07 FZ6 and still lover her, she is my first bike and been riding her for four years. I was thinking about upgrading but I just love this bike, I do need to add some luggage though. I am looking at Givi bags and was just wondering if anyone has them and what model type color you recommend. Anyone with any info would be appreciated as GIVI website especially for Canada is terrible. Thanks for any help and if you have pics of the bags on the bike this would also be very appreciated. Thanks can't wait to get back on her.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a full Givi setup. E21 sidecases and E45 topcase. I typically just use the topcase, unless I'm doing a longer ride and need the room.

9179eb21.jpg

e46cf6fa-1.jpg

8a50a26c.jpg

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out twistedthrottle.com, I like their site better than Givi's (or Motech's, too) for finding stuff that fits. A little warning though, they sometimes don't show things as fitting, even if they do. Sometimes it's because they don't carry it, sometimes not.

Personally, I like the V35 PLX cases, they hold a LOT without being too wide. Lucky you, you can fit them on your S2 without a topcase rack, you just need 351KIT adapter kit. I want them on my '04, but the rear subframe is different, so I'd need the topcase rack... except the V35 cases hold enough that I have no reason to have a topcase too, and I don't want that ugly top rack for no reason but to mount sidecases.

Downside is they're spendy, you're looking at almost $500 for the cases and $220 for the rack/kit if you buy from twistedthrottle, though I think you can find better prices elsewhere.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
V35s came with my bike and I love them. I just wish the top opened instead of the side folding down.

O ya, and they are easy to put on and take off and also even better with the handles on top like luggage so you can carry them inside with you (like at a hotel on a road trip)

Last edited:

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
V35s came with my bike and I love them. I just wish the top opened instead of the side folding down.

O ya, and they are easy to put on and take off and also even better with the handles on top like luggage so you can carry them inside with you (like at a hotel on a road trip)

I like that you can fit a helmet in them, without making the bike as wide as a Geo Metro. I like them enough I'm seriously thinking about buying an S2 rear subframe so I can mount them without the topcase rack. I hate the look of a topcase on anything but a touring bike.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out sporttour.com. They have free shipping on all their Givi hard cases. I purchased my e36s and e45 through them and was very pleased. Twistedthrottle.com is a great website with fantastic customer service in my experience, but shipping is pretty expensive for bags and it adds up if your buying bags and a rack. So far I've purchased my SW-Motech top rack through them and will be purchasing the Motech side racks as soon as I can afford it.

I used to think top cases were ugly too until I started using mine. I don't have it on all the time but man is it convenient when I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Givi V35s here too. They came on the used bike when I bought it so I didn’t do any shopping, but I really like them. Fairly decent size, nice locking system and simple case removal mechanics, easy to carry, dry. On the downside you need a tail light solution and the brackets don’t look good with the cases off. When I got it, it had surface mount signals that were terrible, dim cyclegear types, so I went with the AdMore lighting kit with the cases on (running, brake, signals...kinda pricy) and quick 2-pin connectors to hook the stock signals when the cases/brackets are off. I made some simple spacers so I could remove the top case mount and just run side cases…easy to do.

1052.jpg

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I like that you can fit a helmet in them, without making the bike as wide as a Geo Metro. I like them enough I'm seriously thinking about buying an S2 rear subframe so I can mount them without the topcase rack. I hate the look of a topcase on anything but a touring bike.

Looking at the website the S2 is for Ducati Monster and soft Luggage

Givi T680 tubular side holder for soft luggage for the Ducati Monster S2R, S4R, S4RS 800 & 1000 2004 - 2008 sport touring motorcycle. - Sport Tour Ltd.

I agree just having the side tubes would be nice.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Givi V35s here too. They came on the used bike when I bought it so I didn’t do any shopping, but I really like them. Fairly decent size, nice locking system and simple case removal mechanics, easy to carry, dry. On the downside you need a tail light solution and the brackets don’t look good with the cases off. When I got it, it had surface mount signals that were terrible, dim cyclegear types, so I went with the AdMore lighting kit with the cases on (running, brake, signals...kinda pricy) and quick 2-pin connectors to hook the stock signals when the cases/brackets are off. I made some simple spacers so I could remove the top case mount and just run side cases…easy to do.

1052.jpg

I am not mechanically gifted, I will take the parts once received to the dealer. Doesn't everything just work with the parts ordered.

Looking at the Givi E41 which look a little big, but have top access
GIVI E41 KEYLESS side cases enable GIVI to combine the unbeatable Monokey technology with the new Keyless entry device. - Sport Tour Ltd.

OR

Givi V35 Which look good.

They also say the sidecase fitment rack Givi PL360 or PLX360
with both fitment the web site states:

Note: You must install the FZ351 top case rack or the 351Kit for extra stability when installing these side racks.

so I guess I would rather have the 351kit which is for stability because I don't want the top case.

With these parts the mechanic should be able to install without anything else correct????

Thanks again for all the help guys going to order soon.

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Having a mechanic install the bags could turn out to be an expensive proposition. You don't have to be mechanically gifted but you do need a bit of patience... and trust that things will actually fit and go together. You just need to really examine the installation instructions closely.

There will be a time or two when you have to muscle things into place. When I put mine on and started to actually assemble the mounting brackets it seemed that nothing lined up, to the point I almost thought they'd sent me the wrong brackets. The trick is to not tighten anything until all your bolts, etc are in and started. And Loktite everything! I almost found out the hard way. :eek:

My two biggest issues (and they're actually pretty small ones) were putting the exhaust shroud back on... which took some persuasion to get it to slide under the bracket... and getting the rear turn signals properly relocated. I also had to drill a hole in the rear plastic "fender" to route the wires. My FZ is completely stock mechanically so if you have aftermarket exhaust or a fender eliminator or other mods you may have different issues... or none at all!

Overall, I really like the V35s. Very sturdy, very well built and I think they look great. I also have the Givi liner bags which make them really convenient during long haul trips.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The V35s will hold a helmet? I was told that they didn't. Now I'm really envious of you guys with your S2s. I got the SW-Motech quick-release brackets with my E360s, which cost less, and don't top-open, which would be nice at times. The quick-release feature is great, and well worth the extra $ to be able to go back to no bags, no racks in 2 minutes with only a quarter or a screwdriver-no tools.

The install was a little bit of a pain, but not too bad. Took me about 2 hours. I did have a problem though. The second time I rode without the cases I lost one of the brackets. I had under-tighten eyed it. Took about a week and $20 to get the replacement and I threadlocked it and all the other supporting hatdware as a result.

But the V35 SW Motech QR brackets are compatible only with the S2. No 2004-2006 FZ6 can get it without changing the subframe, I believe.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Large full-face with a visor fits … no problemo. :)

img_5615.jpg

Although I got my price at a steal with V35s, they din't come with the straps and have cardboard for seals sitting inside. Are there actual seals that should be in there, and do you know where I could get replacement straps?

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I got my price at a steal with V35s, they din't come with the straps and have cardboard for seals sitting inside. Are there actual seals that should be in there, and do you know where I could get replacement straps?

Here's a Place in Canada I found that sells replacement parts. Looks like the straps are C$12.99. Given that the V35s fold down, those straps are handy.

Hmmm...cardboard seals? Mine have rubber seals that's go around inside the fold-down part of the case. These are totally water tight. We rode from Tampa to Daytona and back last weekend in about 90% rain, some hard, and the Givi's didn't leak a drop!

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the twisted throttle website, most Large sized helmets should fit. I bought a pair this week, so I guess I'll find out when I get them if mine does, but I don't really plan on putting it there anyways.

I've been going back and forth trying to decide between the givi rack and the sw motech rack. Has anyone tried both?

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a Place in Canada I found that sells replacement parts. Looks like the straps are C$12.99. Given that the V35s fold down, those straps are handy.

Hmmm...cardboard seals? Mine have rubber seals that's go around inside the fold-down part of the case. These are totally water tight. We rode from Tampa to Daytona and back last weekend in about 90% rain, some hard, and the Givi's didn't leak a drop!

Thanks, like I said, they came with the bike so I can't complain. just noticed the cardboard in there. I'll pour some water on the to see if they leak. Who knows, maybe some weather stripping from the hardware store will work.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to use aftermarket exhaust which rack you would use would matter. GIVI racks require stock exhaust install points. Just something to think about... Here is mine with V35s (with GIVI racks), which I happen to like very much because they hug the bike. GIVI racks are PIA to install though. And, no, you don’t have to have the top rack to use GIVI racks. You can use separate installation kit to replace the top rack kit.
View attachment 41008View attachment 41009