Hello from Harrogate, North Yorkshire!

drunkmunkey6969

Reaction score
www.scooterotica.co.uk
Hi,

My name is Dan, and as the title suggests i am from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm 41 now, and started riding motorcycles as a kid (dog box, AR50, ZR50, RG125 etc). I then worked in the motorcycle clothing industry running stores (Peterborough & Doncaster) for Hein Gericke back in 1997-2000.

Since then i have been a 2-stroke tuner and dyno operator, working exclusively on Lambretta and Vespa scooters. As well as riding and racing them. I also run the UKs No1 Classic Scooter Forum. www.scooterotica.co.uk

I haven't owned a motorcycle for 15 years, and the last bike i owned was a FZR400, and a Kawasaki KR1 250 before that. And now i find myself back on the bike scene, a proud owner of an FZ6N S2.

I've been reading lots of topics on here since owning it, and found the forum very useful. The bike already had a Beowulf system and belly pan on it when i got it, and I've added a Puig screen, black mirrors and 17tooth front sprocket since. Love the bike, really happy with it.

Just been to Cornwall on it this weekend with my pals, did a 700 mile trip in 2 days.

My only slight criticism/wish is that i'd really like it to have a bit more torque in the low/mid range......it really has to rev to go! I appreciate its a short-stroke motor, but still.......very interested to learn about potential ignition/fuel re-mapping mods which may offer better lo/mid range, i can of course test these on my dyno if needs be. So anyone who can help with info......please respond. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great family Dan! Defo like those colors! :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Dan, and as the title suggests i am from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm 41 now, and started riding motorcycles as a kid (dog box, AR50, ZR50, RG125 etc). I then worked in the motorcycle clothing industry running stores (Peterborough & Doncaster) for Hein Gericke back in 1997-2000.

Since then i have been a 2-stroke tuner and dyno operator, working exclusively on Lambretta and Vespa scooters. As well as riding and racing them. I also run the UKs No1 Classic Scooter Forum. www.scooterotica.co.uk

I haven't owned a motorcycle for 15 years, and the last bike i owned was a FZR400, and a Kawasaki KR1 250 before that. And now i find myself back on the bike scene, a proud owner of an FZ6N S2.

I've been reading lots of topics on here since owning it, and found the forum very useful. The bike already had a Beowulf system and belly pan on it when i got it, and I've added a Puig screen, black mirrors and 17tooth front sprocket since. Love the bike, really happy with it.

Just been to Cornwall on it this weekend with my pals, did a 700 mile trip in 2 days.

My only slight criticism/wish is that i'd really like it to have a bit more torque in the low/mid range... :)

Welcome to the forum Dan, sorry can't help you with the technical stuff but I'm looking forward to the pics (of the holiday to Cornwall ;)). :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: aboard Dan! Looking good in the Bumblebee colors :thumbup:

I prefer to think of them as "The Naked Wasp" colours

nice looking ride.....gee anyone think I'm biased,

another big welcome from downunder Dan

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dan, welcome to to the forum.
A fellow West Yorkshire lad....i am from Bradford

Love the colour scheme of the bike, looks really smart and very eye catching

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Dan!:cheer:

Love the color of your bike. Enjoy!

I upgraded from my 07 FZ6 to a 06 Triumph Sprint St 1050. I love the torque!

Funny your British and ride a Japanese bike.

I'm American and ride a British bike. :rockon:

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Dan, I'm from Nottinghamshire so very familiar with your roads.
I've just come back from a week in Devon and wish I brought my bike, instead I was in a minibus yesterday for 9 hours covering only 250 miles!!

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from South Carolina

Great color on your bike! also pretty cool job you have. (smoker)
I'm a two stroke guy myself but just for fun!

My other bike is a 2-stroke 1984 Yamaha RZ350 hybrid with Yamaha R1 frontend, Suzuki RGV swingarm, (tires 120/17 Front and 150/60 Rear)
programmable CDI, and on and on and on....