Hello from Harrogate, North Yorkshire!

drunkmunkey6969

Reaction score
www.scooterotica.co.uk
Hi,

My name is Dan, and as the title suggests i am from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm 41 now, and started riding motorcycles as a kid (dog box, AR50, ZR50, RG125 etc). I then worked in the motorcycle clothing industry running stores (Peterborough & Doncaster) for Hein Gericke back in 1997-2000.

Since then i have been a 2-stroke tuner and dyno operator, working exclusively on Lambretta and Vespa scooters. As well as riding and racing them. I also run the UKs No1 Classic Scooter Forum. www.scooterotica.co.uk

I haven't owned a motorcycle for 15 years, and the last bike i owned was a FZR400, and a Kawasaki KR1 250 before that. And now i find myself back on the bike scene, a proud owner of an FZ6N S2.

I've been reading lots of topics on here since owning it, and found the forum very useful. The bike already had a Beowulf system and belly pan on it when i got it, and I've added a Puig screen, black mirrors and 17tooth front sprocket since. Love the bike, really happy with it.

Just been to Cornwall on it this weekend with my pals, did a 700 mile trip in 2 days.

My only slight criticism/wish is that i'd really like it to have a bit more torque in the low/mid range......it really has to rev to go! I appreciate its a short-stroke motor, but still.......very interested to learn about potential ignition/fuel re-mapping mods which may offer better lo/mid range, i can of course test these on my dyno if needs be. So anyone who can help with info......please respond. :)

:welcome:to our great family Dan! Defo like those colors! :rockon:

Hi,

My name is Dan, and as the title suggests i am from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm 41 now, and started riding motorcycles as a kid (dog box, AR50, ZR50, RG125 etc). I then worked in the motorcycle clothing industry running stores (Peterborough & Doncaster) for Hein Gericke back in 1997-2000.

Since then i have been a 2-stroke tuner and dyno operator, working exclusively on Lambretta and Vespa scooters. As well as riding and racing them. I also run the UKs No1 Classic Scooter Forum. www.scooterotica.co.uk

I haven't owned a motorcycle for 15 years, and the last bike i owned was a FZR400, and a Kawasaki KR1 250 before that. And now i find myself back on the bike scene, a proud owner of an FZ6N S2.

I've been reading lots of topics on here since owning it, and found the forum very useful. The bike already had a Beowulf system and belly pan on it when i got it, and I've added a Puig screen, black mirrors and 17tooth front sprocket since. Love the bike, really happy with it.

Just been to Cornwall on it this weekend with my pals, did a 700 mile trip in 2 days.

My only slight criticism/wish is that i'd really like it to have a bit more torque in the low/mid range... :)

Welcome to the forum Dan, sorry can't help you with the technical stuff but I'm looking forward to the pics (of the holiday to Cornwall ;)). :thumbup:

:welcome: aboard Dan! Looking good in the Bumblebee colors :thumbup:

I prefer to think of them as "The Naked Wasp" colours

nice looking ride.....gee anyone think I'm biased,

another big welcome from downunder Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to to the forum.
A fellow West Yorkshire lad....i am from Bradford

Love the colour scheme of the bike, looks really smart and very eye catching

:welcome:Dan!:cheer:

Love the color of your bike. Enjoy!

I upgraded from my 07 FZ6 to a 06 Triumph Sprint St 1050. I love the torque!

Funny your British and ride a Japanese bike.

I'm American and ride a British bike. :rockon:

Welcome Dan, I'm from Nottinghamshire so very familiar with your roads.
I've just come back from a week in Devon and wish I brought my bike, instead I was in a minibus yesterday for 9 hours covering only 250 miles!!

:welcome: from South Carolina

Great color on your bike! also pretty cool job you have. (smoker)
I'm a two stroke guy myself but just for fun!

My other bike is a 2-stroke 1984 Yamaha RZ350 hybrid with Yamaha R1 frontend, Suzuki RGV swingarm, (tires 120/17 Front and 150/60 Rear)
programmable CDI, and on and on and on....

Back