Hello all...

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Wanted to say hi. I have been a fly on the wall here since July and just recently started to become more active. I got my 2008 FZ6 (Raven) in June and got into a wreck on August 27'th. I have been riding for about 11 years and this is my first NEW bike and my first crash. I spent a week in the hospital and had surgery to rebuild my lower leg and angle (left). The recovery has been going fairly well and I have actually been riding the bike for about a month and a half now. I was able to repair the bike myself as it only needed a few parts (stator, stator cover, left bar end, handlebar, front brake lever, sidestand). I actually have another surgery scheduled for January 7 to remove some screws. They hope to be able to restore more range of motion. As it is now shifting is a little tough. I ride all winter. I need to replace my frame sliders as the left slider shattered into a thousand pieces in the crash. I have also ordered the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber M2 exhaust from the group buy on the site here. I'll be very happy to get those on. After seeing the great work that so many of you have done on your bikes it has inspired me to take on a number of other mods as time and money allow.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this community.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
well, welcome to the forum. don't rush your recovery - take the time you need to be as comfortable as you can be. t'would be a shame to overdo it in the chilly season and not be able to pile on the miles once it warms up.

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

I am looking forward to this summer. REALLY looking forward to riding a bike that wont sound like a weed-whacker anymore LOL. I have been riding these past few days and the bike is a mess. Covered in road salt and dirt. The bike never seems to stay clean for very long!

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope the range of motion returns and you get to ride with no discomfort! After my accident, when it is cold, my wrist bothers me... but heated gloves makes such a difference! :rockon:

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can actually see in the first photo where a frame slider used to be. I don't have much faith in frame sliders anymore. It really didnt do anything. Plastic sliders will shatter and metal ones will possible break your frame.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What rotten luck! But :welcome::welcome: to the forum!
I hate to preach, but, after a long break like yours (11 years), the MSF cources were a great way to 'refresh' your skills. And it helps with insurance rates as well!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Tim! :welcome: Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you are doing well. I agree with Keira about not rushing your reovery!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: fellow New Englander! Sorry to hear about the accident but very glad you'll recover! Where in CT are you? we have a few members there... My wife is from Bristol.

Take care and be careful!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wlecome aboard! Good for you, on the mend and getting "back in the saddle". Your are going really like you weed wacker on steroids. My 2bros cannons make a good deer alert whistle.
Frame sliders work some of the time just depends on the type of crash. I know they saved the tupperware on my FJR in a driveway tip over. Never thought about metal ones cracking the frame. Don't need to tell you about crashing is not a good thing.
We have lots of sand on our roads now after recent snows, ride gentle for sure

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: fellow New Englander! Sorry to hear about the accident but very glad you'll recover! Where in CT are you? we have a few members there... My wife is from Bristol.

I was born in Norwalk but grew up in East Windsor. I'm now in Manchester.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
tell me you didnt buy your bike from new england cycle center.. those guys are a bunch of crooks.. had my bike a day when a reflector fell off.. oh and charge me $40 for a replacment.. crooks i tell ya :)

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

really.. from bristol.. i lived in bristol for a year.. lived next to bristol my whole born-highschool life... bet your glad you don't live there now right :)

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I got it from New England Cycle in Hartford... I am only about 10 minutes away from there otherwise I would have gone to Enfield Motorsports. Have have been ok to me.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
You can actually see in the first photo where a frame slider used to be. I don't have much faith in frame sliders anymore. It really didnt do anything. Plastic sliders will shatter and metal ones will possible break your frame.

just for info,- What brand/make was your Frame sliders?

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shogun from KneeDraggers.com... I am still trying to decide what will go on next. I might go with the Puig sliders.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
really.. from bristol.. i lived in bristol for a year.. lived next to bristol my whole born-highschool life... bet your glad you don't live there now right :)

Very much so! Although she'd go back there (for family). I already told her, if we move out of state again, we are transplanting where there is little to no winter and I can ride 11 to 12 months a year! :rockon:

This winter sucks worse than LAST winter and that was horrific!