Hel Lines and Fork Springs!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been a bit busy working on the bike lately. I just finished installing a Racetech 1.0kg/mm spring in the front and Hel lines all around with EBC HH pads to match. I can say what a difference. Bike stops and handles like a new machine. I didn't bother changing the fork oil to a thicker weight and just left the 5 weight in the forks. Did everything manually with help from my dad and girl. All in all, it was a pretty easy job. Took about 4 hours to get everything done and perfect. Feel free to ask about the install, or any questions and I can give tips and hints.

HelBrakeLinesMarch262010005.jpg

HelBrakeLinesMarch262010006.jpg

HelBrakeLinesMarch262010007.jpg

HelBrakeLinesMarch262010001.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I like how you used the attachment point on the fender to 'capture' the two hoses for the front brakes.... that sure makes it all a lot neater.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
At first I had taken that capture point out but it left the lines all messy and the fender looked odd so I figured why not try it. It looks like a big X from the front.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good Shinn. I got a quote from my local dealer of about AUS$150 to install the same lines for me. Might do it one of these days.

All that you need to do now is wash that bike! :spank:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Putting in new fork oil would have been better. Fork oil, like all oils get bad after a while. And since you did all the work already to put the springs in...

As for the braking, HEL and ebc HH are top notch improvements:thumbup:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good Shinn. I got a quote from my local dealer of about AUS$150 to install the same lines for me. Might do it one of these days.

All that you need to do now is wash that bike! :spank:

just by the lines and ill fit for a 6 pack :)

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Putting in new fork oil would have been better. Fork oil, like all oils get bad after a while. And since you did all the work already to put the springs in...

As for the braking, HEL and ebc HH are top notch improvements:thumbup:

I actually just had the oil replaced as of 1000km ago. I have the thicker stuff sitting in the shed in case I find I need to change it too.

Kazza, if you can, I'd do the lines myself. It was really easy to change and attach them, and you can save $150! The fluid cost me $9 and took me about 2 hours from start to complete clean up.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just had the oil replaced as of 1000km ago. I have the thicker stuff sitting in the shed in case I find I need to change it too.

Kazza, if you can, I'd do the lines myself. It was really easy to change and attach them, and you can save $150! The fluid cost me $9 and took me about 2 hours from start to complete clean up.

Just being lazy I suppose. In reality my hubby, Prebstar, does all the maintenance (he washes it too....) I'm sure he'll do these for me. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Braided lines...well worth the money.

:thumbup:

Racetech Fork Springs, well worth the money.

Two very good mods for an FZ6...especially the fork springs.