Having trouble installing streetfighter VS02 and HID. Help!

rachtak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am in the process of installing Vishnu's VS02 kit as well as a Morimoto Sportbike stage III kit. I have used the instructions provided by dev_usc as well as this thread (http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/49157-naked-hid-projectors.html). However, I am currently stuck as I do not know how to proceed/connect the wires. I cannot make sense of the reference materials past this point.

Can someone please look at the attached images and instruct me on how i should proceed? As well as give any comments/feedback. I am still very new at this and would like this to turn out well.

Last edited:
I'll try to help:

It's not too bad.

Before you assemble it - you'll want to lube up the solenoid in the projector (that controls the high beam flipper) - it tends to stick a bit, I didn't do mine so I almost have to pop a wheelie to get it to drop down from high sometimes.

First, you'll want to make room for everything up there. There won't be much room in the headlight, so you'll put most of the wiring harness in the battery area. Pull the tank off, pull the airbox and battery.

Pull your stock harness back into the frame, bunch it up a little, whatever it takes. I passed mine around the right side of the frame, instead of the left.

The kit plugs into an H4 socket - but since the stock socket on the FZ6 has low and high on separate bulbs, you'll have to modify yours to just plug in - then you can get rid of the other. Basically you're taking the high beam wire from the left headlight and plugging it into the empty spot on the right socket. You'll plug this into something on the HID harness, it should be obvious which plug.

F1 - goes into the new bulb - you'll have to disassemble the projector a tiny bit (unscrew the back) and then screw it back in through the bucket - order of the pieces is important, as it determines the distance between the bulb and the lens - which is very important for this setup.
F2 - I believe this leads to the stock headlight plug (H4)
F3 - I think this is to the high beam solenoid (G3/G4) There will be a little adapter that you'll slide over these wires to allow F3 to connect to it - do this after you've fitted the projector and run your wires through.
F4 - negative terminal on the battery
F5 - Positive terminal on the battery

I ran my angel eye off of the DRL wire (position indicator) from the turn signals - on the stock there are 3 wires, not remembering colors at the moment, but splice into the one that isn't the ground and isn't the blinker.

I placed the relay (clear box with the red LED) on top of the battery/in my airbox.
I secured the ballast underneath my instrument cluster, bolted through one of the existing bolts holding the metal mounting plate onto the fairing stay thingy.

H1 and H2 will just plug back into the back of the gauges - remember to tidy up your wires.

I think that E1, E2 and E3 are a capacitor for the angel eye.

That should get you most of the way there - let me know if you have any specific questions, it'll be easier to answer those than a generic "here's my stuff, how do I put it together?"

F1 - goes into the new bulb - you'll have to disassemble the projector a tiny bit (unscrew the back) and then screw it back in through the bucket - order of the pieces is important, as it determines the distance between the bulb and the lens - which is very important for this setup.

I opened up the projector and greased up the springy-flipper-thing. I dont know what you mean when you say the "order of the pieces"/"distance between the bulb and the lens".

I looked online and found: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf/trs_tech/Morimoto_Mini_D2S_Projector_Hardware.pdf
is this what you're talking about?

However, I do not have any of those pieces. All that came with the kit was the projector and bulb.........

That's what I was talking about - they should have come with the projector, screwed onto the base. Did you order it from TRS or get it second hand from someone?

I bought this brand new. If they came screwed onto the base, then they should still be there since I havent tampered with anything on the projector...

I was thinking those parts would come in like a seperate bag

Back